Category Manager – Accessories
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This position provides operational management to fulfill Fleet Feet’s purchasing strategy focused on centralized buying and distribution. This position is responsible for the accessory category within Fleet Feet’s company-owned doors but not limited to assortment selection, budget management, product delivery, category marketing communication and partnership, inventory accuracy, and reconciliation. In addition, this person will evaluate category success based on performance metrics while understanding needs based on sell through history and store/customer feedback.
- Responsible for purchasing against the open to buy budget for the category to align with the individual store’s sales targets and budgets.
- Analyze category performance against metrics while reacting appropriately to the results.
- Curate a successful product selection based upon anticipated customer needs and interests.
- View seasonal collections from vendors and create assortment strategies in partnership with Director.
- Oversee accurate data entry, maintenance, and cleanliness as it relates to product life cycle through each system.
- Maintain seasonal assortment, inventory levels, and sell-through based on category metrics for identified stores.
- Create & manage model stocks for product flow through systems into retail stores.
- Oversee back – end operations: inventory levels, receiving, transfers, return to vendors, stock swaps, special orders and other operational tasks as needed.
- Manage/oversee ordering of product and inbound communication to our distribution center.
- Audit outstanding vendor invoices, receivers, and credits.
- Coordinate product training such as, but not limited to Myagi content, in-store signage, etc.
- Partner on schedule and execution of inventory audit with district managers & operating partners.
- Ensure accurate upload of product catalogs within the system – brick & mortar and digital platforms.
- Coordinate with operating partners to forecast new products, delivery information, and product life cycles including MAP adjustments.
- Assist in providing documents, visuals, and education to aid in strategic communication to support product sell-through and explain the “why” of what we buy.
- Partner with appropriate teams to execute category and product marketing initiatives to help drive traffic and support product sell-through whether through brick and mortar or digitally.
- Partner with our Amazon business unit to determine and purchase appropriate product assortment to support growth targets.
- Understand, full use, and continuously improve processes and systems.
- 3+ years of retail/merchandising experience recommended
- RICS Point of Sale experience preferred, but not required
- Strong business acumen and retail industry knowledge
- Strong ability to coach and influence direct personnel reports and colleagues without direct authority
- Ability to think strategically about issues and opportunities to accurately assess impacts
- Problem solver who enjoys challenges and takes pride in creating the right solution
- Excellent communicator with the ability to listen and adapt
- Communicates professionally with the team, stores, and vendors
- Assertive self-starter with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Out of state travel
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.