Prep Cook @ the Ronald Reagan Library
Ronald Reagan Library Simi Valley, CA
- $15.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Ronald Reagan Library is hiring PREP cooks.
This is an essential part of Ronald Reagan Library kitchen environment. Prep cooks will support the Chef and other kitchen staff in order to meet the culinary demands of each scheduled music event.
- Prep cooks handle all general preparation within the kitchen, including chopping vegetables, preparing fruits and making salads. They also handle all food storage and perform basic kitchen maintenance duties. Maintain the kitchen by sanitizing prep areas before and after use and making sure that all knives and critical equipment are clean. Monitor side dish ingredients and report inventory levels to the Chef or Sous Chef at regular intervals throughout the night.
- Monitor product freshness and rotate out old product based on a schedule created by the Executive Chef. Your responsibilities:
- Working as a team member in a dynamic workplace, and to follow all the safety procedures, and must have a high threshold for heat in a kitchen environment
- Prepares all the food items as directed in a sanitary and timely manner. •
- Follows recipes, controls, portion, and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant. •
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of the products that is served. •
- Responsible for performing other related duties as assigned by the manager. •
- Following proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes
- Handle, store and rotate all the products properly.