- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Ask Us!, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
The host plays a critical role in the guest experience, as he/she is the first and last person whom will
interact with our guests. By definition, a host is the person who receives or entertains other people as
guests. You are responsible for setting the tone!
• Responsible for welcoming and greeting all guests.
• Responsible for knowing restaurant and company information, including, but not limited to, hours of
• operations, directions, awareness of neighborhood, sister properties, and names and titles of
• corporate employees.
• Responsible for recognizing regular and VIP guests.
• Use personality and hospitality skills to provide a seamless and memorable guest experience.
• Dress professionally in clean and presentable attire, and never forgetting to wear a smile.
• Check guests in.
• Walk guests to tables and engage in conversation while doing so.
• Pull out chairs and present menus individually.
• Listen to guests’ complaints and work to diffuse any unhappy guest situations. Utilize management
• to help.
• Master the operations of the Open Table system.
• Complete all opening and closing sidework as assigned.
• Interact with fellow employees and guests in a cheerful, professional manner.
• Communicate with the Maitre’d any open tables, long waits, or guest issues.
• Courteously handle and apologize for any tables waiting past their reservation time.
• Welcome all guests with the same hospitality you would extend to guests in your home.
• Responsible for wishing all guests a warm farewell.
Catch Hospitality Group partners Tilman Fertitta, Mark Birnbaum and Eugene Remm have propelled globally-influenced seafood restaurant Catch (2011) from a standalone NYC flagship to an international phenomenon with successful locations in Los Angeles, Playa del Carmen and Las Vegas at the ARIA Resort & Casino, and highly anticipated sister concept Catch Steak set to debut in Fall 2019.
With a focus on culture and brand, New York based restauranteurs Remm and Birnbaum spent two decades building CHG into one of the country’s most successful restaurant management companies. Dubbed by Forbes Magazine as the “New Kings of New York Hospitality,” Remm and Birnbaum pioneered dynamic hospitality experiences using food, service and vibe to create seamless transitions between dining, nightlife and entertainment. In addition to Catch, CHG operates midtown American brasserie Lexington Brass (2011) and The Co:Laboratory, a full-service event production agency specializing in the creation of high level, turnkey experiences for brands across the entertainment, fashion and lifestyle industries.
In 2017, CATCH partnered with hospitality business mogul Tilman Fertitta, who’s privately owned Landry’s, Inc. is ranked among the largest restaurant corporations in the U.S. Fertitta has spent 30 years cultivating his hospitality empire of over 600 locations into an international success. Fertitta, the “World’s Richest Restauranteur,” according to Forbes Magazine, is also the star of CNBC’s Billion Dollar Buyer, and owner of Golden Nugget Casinos and the NBA Houston Rockets.