Executive Sous Chef
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are now hiring talented team members for our upcoming Tiki concept!
Tatsu-Ya is an James Beard Award Nominated, Austin-based restaurant group: Ramen Tatsu-Ya, Kemuri Tatsu-Ya, Domo AlleyGato, Tiki Tatsu-Ya, and more. We are chef-owned and -operated, fusing Japanese technique and ingredients with a bold, fresh vision of hospitality.
Tiki Tatsu-Ya is the newest concept with a focus on Hawaiian ingredients and Tiki food culture. We are looking to serve elevated classics of Hawaiian cuisine in a small plates format.
We are looking for a professional Executive Sous Chef to be second in command in our newest kitchen, providing support directly to the Chef de Cuisine and kitchen crew. Successful candidates should utilize their culinary and managerial skills and instincts to uphold quality standards, ensure smooth service, and maintain/enhance the guest experience. A willingness to learn and grow is vital to this position.
Expected 50-55 wekly hours split between prepping/cooking/running service and maintaining administrative duties. Must openly collaborate with existing management team. Compensation commensurate with experience (must be willing to train on all stations/tasks to demonstrate abilities).
- CULTURE IS KING in this company. A successful candidate must consistently embody the standards of the company. These include, but are not limited to: consistent execution of flavor, sexy plates, fast and efficient service, positive vibes, can-do attitude, teamwork and collaborative camaraderie.
- Assist in the design and preparation of all food and drink offerings, including rotating seasonal specials
- Consistently produce high quality plates that meet flavor and appearance standards
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely and efficient manner
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Troubleshoot and solve any issues that arise, take control of problematic situations, and mitigate service problems in a calm and professional manner
- Manage and train kitchen staff
- Establish and execute thoughtful and functional kitchen schedule
- Participate and lead regular staff evaluations, coaching and disciplinary conversations to assist Executive in mentoring the team
- Order supplies regularly to stock inventory appropriately
- Help count and organize inventory as necessary
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- 3+ years of experience as a Sous Chef/Kitchen Manager
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of BOH management
- Accuracy, speed, and composure in handling emergency situations and problem solving
- Familiar with standard industry best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- free shift meals
- discounted meals at all Tatsu-Ya concepts
- paid family meal
- dynamic and detail-focused work environment
- potential for upward advancement