- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for ouremployeesand value for our clients.” If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
Do you love driving cars? Meeting new people? Are you energetic and fast on your feet? Well then, we are looking for you. We are hiring Valet Attendants to woo our customers while parking their cars in a professional and responsible manner.
A LAZ Valet Attendant plays a significant role in the success of the company. They are the first person our clients and customers see upon arrival, and the last person our clients & customers see when they depart. A warm welcome, smiling face, and professional demeanor are of the utmost importance.
What Will I Do?
- Park and retrieve cars like a champ. This means carefully, efficiently, and in a timely manner. Greet all customers by name, take care of their needs, and develop a rapport with each person driving up to your stand.
- Help direct traffic to keep the flow of cars clean and organized, all with a smile on your face!
- Provide a self-reliant attitude when needed. Must be able to work with or without supervision.
- Promote awesome customer relations. Smile, go above and beyond, make them love LAZ Parking the moment they meet you.
- Dynamic. You’re charismatic, full of energy, and happy to help in any way you can.
- Dependable. Responsible is your middle name. You never disappoint because it’s not in your nature.
- A good driver with a driving record to prove it. You don’t speed, you’re cautious – ESPECIALLY with other people’s property. You can also drive a standard transmission. Vroom, vroom!
- Good under pressure. You don’t fold and get overwhelmed easily. Instead, you prefer chaos so you can kick its butt.
- Good at communicating and have the ability to speak, read, and comprehend English easily.
- A team player. You’re open to different opinions and can help motivate your team.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Strong customer service experience.
- Parking industry experience is preferred but not required.
- Willingness to work in the elements -- heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to stand, walk and run for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
This Employer participates in E-Verify.