Registered Nurse, Assisted Living - SIGN ON BONUS
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
This position encompasses a variety of duties essential to the maintenance of the health and well-being of the residents as well as the supervision of the supportive services provided in Assisted Living. Is responsible to ensure that service plans are designed to individual level of care and meetings are conducted in accordance of the Department of Health Services (DHS) rules and regulations. Responsible to coordinate and schedule care and services to the direct care staff in an effective and timely manner. Additionally, the RN has oversight responsibility for all areas of medication assistance and/or administration including supervision of all AL direct care staff who assist residents with any aspect of care and medication administration. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
A thorough knowledge of the practices, procedures and quality assurance plan and oversight in the use and function of Registered Nurse principles in an Assisted Living and Memory Care setting. Strong written and oral communication skills. Effective in establishing and maintaining rapport with staff, residents, resident's families, and visiting medical and support services. Must possess the ability to maintain composure under pressure. A professional appearance is to be maintained at all times. The Registered Nurse will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill, and/or disabled persons.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Performs potential resident assessments on and off the Glencroft campus.
- Performs nursing duties as ordered by the Primary Care Provider.
- Coordinates services will all providers as needed, but not limited to; physician, transportation, home health, hospice, etc.
- Serves as an ambassador of goodwill to all potential and current residents and staff.
- Participates in establishing, implementing and updating individualized service plan for each Assisted Living resident. Participates in inter-disciplinary team meetings to discuss service plans.
- Responsible for the ordering and the administration of resident’s medication managed through the use of electronic medication (EMARS).
- Ensures accurate and timely documentation in resident record of observations and care delivered to each resident in accordance with facility policies and procedures along with the Arizona Department of Health Services licensing rules and regulations.
- Responsible to ensure documentation of all changes in condition of resident and reporting to care provider, Assisted Living Management and family in timely manner in accordance with facility policies and procedures.
- Provides direction to, supervising, evaluating, and monitoring of Caregiver staff and assists in providing continuing education for AL staff.
- Practices Universal Precautions and infection control measures and observes safety precautions and protocols in the performance of all duties and at all times while on facility premises.
- Demonstrates courteous and respectful verbal and physical interactions with residents, physicians, family members of resident, visitors, and all staff.
- Demonstrates respect for resident by maintaining resident's dignity and confidentiality, providing privacy and abiding by the resident's Bill of Rights.
- Responsible for attending in-services, staff meetings and participates in all Service Plan Meetings and maintains quality assurance reports as required by facility policies and procedures.
- Greets all visitors, residents, co-workers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner, provides information and guidance at all times.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of AL Caregivers who assists with any aspect of care and medication administration.
- Performs other duties as be assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.