PALIHOTEL SEATTLE | ‘HOUSEMASTER’ - FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Paligroup is currently seeking a personable, motivated and experienced individual to join our team as the ‘Housemaster’ (Front Office Manager) at the Palihotel Seattle location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An experienced hotel manager who has a passion for leading a team and providing genuine guest service
- A proactive, self-starter who can work well both independently and with a team
The Housemaster is responsible for overseeing the front desk, housekeeping, property maintenance, overnight agents and valet standards. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Maintain effective training programs.
- Ensure all front desk personnel are highly productive.
- Ensure front desk use approved script during the check in process and all guest interactions, including but not limited to, restaurant hours, available on/off site amenities (Pools, Gyms), Trip Advisor, etc.
- Train new and existing front desk personnel on protocol and excellent customer service.
- Conduct informative and productive monthly front desk team meetings.
- Ensure the front desk is maintained in a neat, tidy, and organized fashion.
- Ensure that team members are wearing their uniforms according to company policy.
- Ensure that all employees have the tools necessary to fulfill job expectations and guest needs.
- Create and ensure all current company SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards are followed.
- Create and monitor front desk, housekeeping, housemen, and overnight schedules weekly to meet budget and pursuant to revenue.
- Verify that regular ongoing communication is happening within the departments (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings, sharing information between rooms & F&B department).
- Check guests in/out daily, make reservations as needed, make restaurant reservations as needed, assist guests in concierge services and other related execution of hotel services.
- Ensure accurate completion of night audits.
- Continuously strive to improve and maintain client and guest experiences.
- Be a leader in managing the overall reputation management of the hotel.
- Continue to give the brand a voice – naturally showcasing what the brand has to offer and its virtues to others (employees, leaders, owners). Easily translate a passion for the brand into a unique experience for both guest and employees.
HOUSEKEEPING & HOUSEMEN:
- Manage the housekeeping and housemen rosters.
- Oversee the management of the housekeeping and housemen staff daily.
- Maintain effective training programs ensuring all housekeeping and housemen personnel are highly productive.
- Host staff meetings as necessary with front desk and housekeeping supervisor to ensure staff members are accountable for completing daily checklists and work is up to Paligroup standards.
- Perform and oversee daily room inspections on arrivals, as well as common areas.
- Work with housekeeping team to review linen quality and par levels.
- Oversee the housekeeping and houseman back of house areas and make sure they are kept in order.
- Report all wear, tear and maintenance issues to management.
- Oversee the management of the engineering team daily.
- Maintain effective training programs ensuring all engineering personnel are highly productive.
- Ensure the engineering team are performing preventative maintenance repairs and inspections as mandated by local municipality and/or requirements on systems.
- Ensure rapid response of all emergency situations. Record and file reports as mandated.
- Ensure Chief Engineer is reporting any opportunities for efficient use of energy, preventive maintenance, and/or other cost-savings measures.
- Ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Communicate with other department heads about work being done throughout the property.
- Perform weekly walks with Chief Engineer throughout the hotel to create and prioritize work lists.
- Carry out company protocol to ensure all guest billings are complete as follows.
- Ensure reservations have valid billing in advance of their arrival.
- No guests checked into hotel without a signed registration card that matches to a valid ID and imprint of the credit card
- All PM accounts are rolled over and communicated to managers as needed daily via night audit
- All credit cards are authorized/deposits placed as needed
- CC authorization forms received and completed
- All errors to billing or change/refund requests are addressed in coordination with General Manager and/or Controller
- Ensure staff conducts bucket checks, handles bank cash pursuant to protocol.
- Ensure all routing and billing methods are complete for arriving guests in advance of check in and making certain FD agents comply with protocol.
COST CONTROL, INVENTORY & PURCHASING:
- Managing par levels for the ordering of all items that relate to the rooms and lobby area.
- Keep track of inventories, including but not limited to: linen (monthly), guest supplies (bi-monthly), cleaning supplies (bi-monthly), printed collateral (weekly), front desk supplies (monthly), engineering supplies (monthly).
- Keep track of rooms inventory by ensuring rooms are being inspected once checked out, comparing to master inventory spreadsheet, and charging guests for missing FF&E items when needed.
- Effectively manage wages and controllable expenses.
- Focus on maximizing the financial performance of the department.
- Monitor performance against budgets and goals.
- Assist the sales team as needed with blocking and room reservations.
- Ensure VIP guests are given proper attention where appropriate.
- Ensure service recovery for guests when needed.
- Roam hotel common areas daily, greeting guests and visitors to assure their needs are being met and service across rooms and F+B is up to company standards.
- Encouraging guests to post positive Trip Advisor reviews.
COMMUNICATION, ORGANIZATION & ADMINISTRATIVE:
- Multi-task, meet deadlines, follow up on special projects, communicate well, and be able to excel in a fast paced environment.
- Mentor team members to smile, make eye contact, be friendly, enthusiastic and helpful at all times.
- Work directly with executive team for any and all issues relating to acceptable delivery of all rooms and common areas.
- Seek to develop best practices for all areas of responsibility.
- Work side-by-side with the executive team to ensure a cohesive spirit and goal achievement.
- Work to facilitate strong relationships with company vendors and suppliers.
GENERAL HR DUTIES:
- Make sure all front desk, housekeeping, housemen, and overnight staff submit PAF’s for requested time off.
- Ensure all front desk agents, housekeepers, houseman take and sign for breaks in accordance with company protocol and law.
- Interview, select, train, counsel, discipline and schedule all rooms department team members.
- Coach and encourage positive morale amongst the front desk, housekeeping, overnight, valet, and houseman staff.
- Lead by example at all times and stay visible to staff.
- Be part of a leadership team of brand advocates who believe in what Palihotel Seattle has to offer and who are personally invested in its success.
- Foster an environment where team members know they are valued, ensuring they are treated fairly and with respect.
- Assist in building a culture of open communication, spend time with team members and be available for them (open door policy).
- Personify the best values of the brand, demonstrating exceptional work ethic and service delivery for all employees on property.
- Must possess a positive attitude.
- Must be service oriented.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, analytical, and managerial organizational skills.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write).
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize and organize.
- Ability to accurately compute and manipulate mathematical calculations.
- Computer knowledge, as well as proficiency in property management system Opera.
- Ability to work well with fellow team members and the public.
- Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided).
- Experience: Minimum three years managerial experience within a luxury hotel setting.
ABOUT PALIHOTEL SEATTLE
A trusty neighborhood hotel celebrating Seattle’s waterfront…
Location, Location, Location. Palihotel Seattle will be an intimate, fun, comfortable and contemporary boutique hotel located in a historic, century-old building directly across the street from Seattle’s famed Pike Place Market and the Elliot Bay waterfront.
Offering 96 rooms, The Hart and The Hunter restaurant, bar, coffee bar and lobby, we have carefully designed our spaces to enhance the hotel’s vibrant neighborhood and be communal and inclusive for travelers and locals alike.
Address: 107 Pine Street, Seattle, WA, 98101
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its Chief Executive and President.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.
Paligroup's Brands are synonymous with neighborhood authenticity, style, innovation and success. We are convinced that this combination of custom-tailored place-making and unique social experiences increases performance, market share and overall pricing power.
Paligroup currently operates three hotels in Los Angeles including Palihouse West Hollywood, Palihotel Melrose, Palihouse Santa Monica. In addition to Palihotel Seattle, four new properties are scheduled to open in 2018 and early 2019. The new properties include Palihotel Westwood Village, Palihotel Culver City, Palihouse Miami Beach and Palihotel San Francisco.
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.