Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator
- $50K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
We are currently seeking a Human Resources and Payroll Coordinator to work out of our West Hollywood office. This position is designed to help our restaurateur clients effectively manage payroll, benefits administration and other related activities.
Applicants should have a minimum of one year of human resource management experience, be extremely comfortable with email, chat, text, and phone communications, and have the ability to utilize modern software applications to multi-task. Hospitality and/or accounting experience is a plus.
- Overseeing payroll of 500-1000 employees for weekly and bi-weekly periods
- Entering voluntary and mandatory deductions in the payroll system
- Processing manual checks, such as terminations and discrepancies
- Calculating new hire pay, termination pay, and any required adjustment to normal pay
- Processing stop payments or adjustments of payroll
- Ensure that computing, withholding, and deductions are done correctly
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related duties as needed
- Work directly with and report to the human resources director regarding all HR endeavors
- Support HR director in educating employees on and enforcing company policies
- Organize, maintain and update employee HRIS information as needed
- Track benefit plans including health care, retirement, Workers Comp etc.
- Prepare materials and help organize employee performance reviews
- Execute all employee termination procedures including advising employees on their rights and any benefits they are entitled to
- Present any new or additional training materials to employees and managers
- Make sure all employee records are filed correctly and kept confidential
- Abide by company enforced HR processes and current employment laws and regulations
- Support any other special projects the HR director needs assistance with
- Knowledge of wage and hour laws
- Proficient in cloud-based payroll software
- Experience using HR software and HRIS databases
- Must have worked with a payroll size greater than 100 employees
- Admin and coordinator experience
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or related field preferred
- 1+ years relevant experience in HR work
- Comfortable working in a highly visible role
- Highly organized and efficient worker; skilled at multi-tasking
- Positive and personable
- Expert stress management skills
- Excellent collaborator
- Attentive listener
- Able to follow directions accurately and without hesitation
- Willing to take initiative and work independently when needed
- Professional integrity and sense of responsibility and accountability
- Reliable, people person who enjoys working with a diverse range of individuals and puts employee requirements and needs first
ONLY APPLICATIONS THAT INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WILL BE REVIEWED.
KitchenSync provides financial reporting, consulting, and back office services to leading restaurant operators and hospitality groups throughout the US. By combining our own online platform with a team of back office and hospitality professionals, we help clients manage their business' finances without taking time away from day-to-day operations.
Our team is very social, highly-motivated, and extremely hard working. Responsibilities are often shared/rotated amongst staff members to maximize productivity and to promote learning and professional development.