- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
The busser is responsible for assisting the servers in preparing and cleaning tables and ensuring that the dining area remains clean. Additionally, the busser is responsible for ensuring that the server stations remain fully stocked.
- Obtain service area assignment at the beginning of each shift.
- Promptly greet guests as they are seated and bring plantain chips and water to table.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Clear tables after guests.
- Take soiled tableware to dish room and unload, sort and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in designated areas in the soiled dish drop off area.
- Between seatings promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required. Reset and arrange tabletop.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 30 minutes and clean as needed.
- Respond appropriately to guest requests. Communicate guest requests to server as needed.
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods.
- Thank guests as they are leaving
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- No previous restaurant experience required.
- Have working knowledge of English and Spanish.
- Team-work oriented.
- Be able to lift, reach, bend, stoop, and carry.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
This job performed usually indoors and outdoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences high level of noise in the work environment. This job has intermittent levels of high stress.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employee is expected to work alternating schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Be 21 years of age or older.
- Be able to understand English and Spanish.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and organize
- Customer oriented
- Must be able to lift 20+ pounds at a time
- Must be able to work in both warm and cool environments; indoors and outdoors
- Must be able to tolerate high levels of noise
- Must be able to tolerate potential exposure to allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
- Excellent communication skills to connect effectively with co-workers and guests
- Possess the ethics and positive attitude that support our values and culture
Café Americano is part of the V&E Restaurant Group brand of restaurants. Based in Miami with locations in Miami, Las Vegas and beyond, our innovative collection of restaurants and bars offers creative cuisine and craft cocktails with superior service.