Surgery Scheduling / Coordinator (REC)
- $10.00 - $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!, Meal Plan / Free Food, Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
We are looking for a motivated surgery scheduler/ pre-authorization individual who has experience in eye care and eye surgery.
We are located just a short drive from downtown Dallas (against traffic).
* Being bilingual is a plus
- Schedules appointments (new patient, follow-up, add-ons, referrals, or tests), follow-up appointments (post-testing, post-surgical, etc.) and terminates canceled appointments as required.
- Refers any medically related urgent calls to appropriate staff for immediate attention.
- Provides patients and/or providers instructions on tests to be performed, if necessary.
- Provides patients with cost of visit if patient is self-pay.
- Coordinates with Billing and Collections regarding co-pays and past due balances.
- Enters patient demographics, if not already in EMR system; updates existing information.
- Insurance experience with Commercial, Medicare, etc
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone.
- Able to use tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive situations and concerned people.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Able to maintain a courteous and professional attitude at all times.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in dealing with patient information.
- Knowledge of computer systems, including Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Knowledge of electronic medical record systems
- Previous medical office experience, preferably as a Medical Assistant or surgery scheduler.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 1 + years of Scheduling experience preferred
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong ethical standards and integrity.