Assistant Kitchen Manager - No Evenings
- $15.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
A Copa Vida Assistant Kitchen Manager supports the General Manager to ensure the operational and financial success of the kitchens in Copa Vida’s Downtown San Diego Area. The Assistant Kitchen Manager is responsible for the support of daily functions, ensuring that all kitchen items are made to recipe and in accord with Copa Vida’s quality, consistency, and presentation standards. This role constantly monitors the state of the kitchen environments, ensures that they are properly stocked, and is responsible for the overall performance of food prep staff during shifts. The Assistant Kitchen Manager works closely with the General Manager and Executive Chef, and assists with all aspects of Back of House operations. This position participates in tip pool. If you are looking for a company with great values to grow with, we very much look forward to hearing from you!
Additional Café Info
Copa Vida is a fast casual cafe that offers fresh seasonal menus with in-house baked bread, sauces, sandwiches and salads. We are dedicated to creating exciting and top quality dishes for our guests. Customer experience is a high priority and we are seeking a candidate that can show variety of skills and qualifications that match our company values.
Responsibilities and Duties
Individuals in this role must display the ability to:
- Lead effectively to ensure that kitchen staff meet expectations, while cultivating a positive rapport and high morale
- Train staff on all new and current products and offerings, and ensure correct preparation and presentation
- Complete assigned tasks and projects thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Place orders with vendors, receive and verify deliveries, and contact vendors to resolve discrepancies
- Strategize workflow for efficiency while participating as a member of the team
- Ensure that kitchen equipment and stations are clean and sanitized, and that staff continuously restore kitchen environment to as-new condition
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented, methodological approach to analysis and problem-solving
- Possess a current food handlers card valid for work location
- Talk, hear, sit, and stand for extended periods of time
- Read food order tickets
- Reach, bend, stoop, kneel, shake, stir
- Use sharp kitchen utensils and equipment Climb and/or balance
- Carry, push, and lift objects up to 50lb