- $10.00 - $16.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Lifeguard (Must Love Children)
at Little Otter Swim School
Be a part of something amazing!
Here at Little Otter Swim School, we have a vision to become a leading and active voice in promoting and educating the community about water safety, drowning prevention and swimming.We are passionate about the cognitive and developmental benefits of early and consistent exposure to the water. Little Otter Swim School has 2 state of the art facilities in the Charlotte area. Want to learn more about us?
A Little Otter Swim School lifeguard monitors pool activities and ensures safety. Lifeguards need to possess knowledge of rescue procedures and emergency medical procedures. To help prevent incidents, lifeguards must enforce all safety guidelines as outlined by Little Otter Swim School. To ensure safety, lifeguards must remain alert throughout an entire shift. Applicants must hold lifeguard and CPR certification. A lifeguard may need to possess a pre-employment physical and a skills test. Additional job duties a lifeguard performs include preparing activity and incident reports and performing pool maintenance.
We are looking for candidates for evening shifts in our indoor facility in Huntersville. The starting pay is $9 per hour.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Ability to relate to staff and Little Otter families and students
- Required certifications
First Aid Responsibilities:
- Comply and enforce all policies and procedures set by Little Otter
- Present oneself in a professional manner at all times
- Prevent accidents and minimize or eliminate hazardous conditions
- Respond quickly to all emergency situations in the water and surrounding areas
- Administer any first aid needed by a victim of an accident
- Complete all records and reports as required
- Attend staff meetings and trainings
- Perform other support duties as required.
- Assist instructors and deck managers to ensure safe environment
- An amazing mission. Giving children the life saving skill of swimming
- Friendly, supportive and fun environment with a team of engaged colleagues.
- If you progress to full-time, we offer paid vacation, health insurance and 401K.
Come Join Us Today!
A diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is a vital part of Little Otter Swim School’s culture. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a great place to work. Join us today and help us teach the world to swim.
We have 2 state of the art facilities that were built to teach children to swim.. Our focus is on child development and teaching in a way that is age appropriate. Our Matthews facility has been providing swimming instruction for more than 12 years and our ever expanding Huntersville location offers diving coach instruction introduction as well. We have been named a best place to work by the Charlotte Business Journal.