Accounts Payable Clerk
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Purpose for the Position:
If you have experience working in the hospitality industry especifically hotels, we're looking for you. You will perform any combination of the following calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. You will help keep our promise of advancing the art of hosting by delivering premium choices. With yoiur skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of hospitality.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- May enter/type vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports, petty cash, and other records, using computer.
- May reconcile merchant and bank statements.
- Assists with Income Audit and preparation of Daily Report
- Assists with Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable i.e. prepare/send invoices and statements to accounts; sort, review, enter, and reconcile vendor invoices
- Scan documents into one or multiple computer programs
- Counts, audits, reconcile cash and petty cash vouchers as needed
- Assists with hotel change orders
- Assists with end of month reports and other end of month requirements as needed
- Assists with monthly inventories as needed
- Assists with researching and thoroughly processing chargeback responses on time
- Additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor, manager, and/or above management
Skills and Abilities:
- Compute and record numbers correctly.
- Follow procedures for keeping records.
- Use eyes, hands, and fingers at the same time to enter figures in books and forms, or to operate a calculator or personal computer and/or other office equipment.
- Perform work that is routine and detailed.
- Copy large quantities of numbers without error
. Extended use of computer, calculator, printer, scanner, fax among other office equipment.
. Office Etiquette including successful face-to-face, telephone and e-mail interactions.
. Intermediate knowledge and practice with Microsoft Office programs especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
. Ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations
. At least 6 months of experience with M3 Acknowledge accounting program is desired.
. At least 6 months of experience with Marriott PMS program is desired.
. Ability to submit to pre-employment knowledge testing, if applicable.
. Ability to submit and successfully pass a background check.
. Ability to maintain a drug-free work environment
. Flexible to work various shifts if required
To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.)
High School completion OR an equivalent level of education and experience (at least 6 months)
At least 1 year of general accounting experience preferred
Physical Demands: Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Reasoning Development: Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Mathematical Development: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights and measures. Algebra: Calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ratio and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals. Geometry: Calculate plane and solid figures; circumference, area and volume. Understand kinds of angels, and properties of pairs of angles.
Language Development: Reading: Read and understand instructions including but not limited to policies and procedures, safety rules, etc. Writing: Write reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar, using all parts of speech. Speaking: Speak with poise, voice control, and confidence, using correct English and well-modulated voice.
Attendance: Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by WCG, Inc. from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance / tardies will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Windsor Capital Group, Inc. rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.