- $15.66 Hourly
- Part Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
We are looking for an observant, efficient Bar Back who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service. The Bar Back will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities, and taking on other duties to support the Bartender and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. You should be knowledgeable about menu items, attentive, and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment.
To be a successful Bar Back, you should be passionate about working as part of a team to deliver excellent drinks and service to customers. You should be efficient, reliable, and perceptive with excellent communication and time management skills.Bar Back Responsibilities:
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that Bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles
- Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes
- Taking orders, preparing drinks, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours
- Speaking to customers, answering questions, handling complaints
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- More experience, education, training, or certifications may be preferred
- Minimum age to serve alcohol
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance
- Knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors
- Basic math and computer skills
- Strong problem solving, communication, and interpersonal skills, ability to handle tense situations with coworkers and customers calmly and rationally
- Observant and thorough
- Responsible, punctual
- Ability to meet physical and scheduling demands of the position, including, walking, standing, or lifting heavy items for extended periods and working nights, weekends, and holidays
The Sydell Group is a New York based owner and developer of lifestyle oriented hotels. Sydell's core expertise is an ability to identify fresh talent within the hotel, food & beverage, and retail communities and align them with best in class development, management and financial discipline in the creation of compelling new business models in lifestyle hotels.
The vision for Sydell's Freehand brand is to combine the social culture of a hostel with innovative design, comfort and a quality food and beverage experience that serves our guests and locals all offered at an affordable price. Sydell Group plans to develop and operate up to ten Freehand properties over the next few years.