Experienced Line Cook
- $14.25 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Chef Curtis Stone’s Gwen, a Specialty Butcher Shop and Restaurant, is offering opportunity to work in one of the most acclaimed restaurants in Los Angeles. Gwen is looking for talented line cooks with at minimum of 2 years experience to join our team and further their career in the hospitality industry. At Gwen, we maintain a fine dining standard with specialty in live fire cooking. Line Cooks should have a strong work ethic and consider hospitality their career. Applicants should possess a keen attention to detail and a passion for food along with a natural sense for hospitality.
- Formal culinary arts education or commensurate experience and/or 1 to 3 years of professional cooking experience including fine dining, catering or other high volume production.
• Knowledge of food preparation, presentation and quality control.
• Experience with knives and various tools of the trade.
• Physically able to lift heavy items in a safe & conscious manner.
• Able to follow instructions as a member of the team.
- Able to be led and to lead as a collabrative member of the team.
• Reliable, hard-working, proactive & organized.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to ever evolving situations.
• Able to work independently, without constant supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to walk/stand the entire day or duration of service. The employee must occasionally reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 lbs., reach overhead, perform repetitive motion, and have the stamina to work up to 12 hours a day.
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental & Vision) for Full Time Employees
- Paid Vacation Time
• Restaurant and Butcher Shop Employee Discounts
- Daily Family Meal