- compensation depends on experience
- Part Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Welcome and warmly greet guests on arrival. Answer telephone, take reservations and manage the efficient and timely seating of our guests to a table that best serves their wishes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Warmly and graciously greets all guests upon arrival.
- When possible, open the front door for guests entering or leaving the restaurant.
- When immediate seating is limited, records guest names and number of people in party.
- Call out name and number of party when tables become available.
- Provide guests with estimated waiting time, always maintaining a professional, courteous attitude when confronted with hostile, impatient or irate guests.
- Accommodate special seating requests for guests whenever possible.
- Seat guests based on guest preferences and balancing of customer flow in service stations.
- Upon seating, offer guests a menu and inform them of their server’s name. Inspect table for proper presentation and completeness.
- Relay messages to servers and bus-persons as needed.
- Maintain supplies of mints and toothpicks at the host stand.
- Clean menus of food and stains.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the manager on duty.
- Thanks guests as they leave and invite them to return. Relay guest comments or suggestions to the manager on duty.
- Explain the restaurant concept to guests. Give directions to the restaurant to guest inquiring for it.
- No previous restaurant experience or training required. On the job training will be provided. Experience is a plus.
- Must be a team player and demonstrate organizational skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours).
- Excellent verbal and telephone skills to be able to communicate clearly and effectively with our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Be flexible and willing to assist as needed to ensure all restaurant standards are met
Our philosophy is based on preparing and serving creative and innovative experiences with love and respect for food and our customers. We embrace exploring food without boundaries, gimmicks or pretense. We believe one of life’s greatest sources of joy is what happens when people come together to share a meal.