- $13.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
A host performs a first tier job; this means that any guest coming into a restaurant will be greeted by a host initially. Possessing the role of first contact, a host position is extremely important as a guest will deem the rest of the hospitality setting as good or bad as initially portrayed.
*must be familiar with OpenTable reservation system
• Greet guests and patrons personally as they enter into the establishment warm welcome to the Lobster
• Receive and record dining reservations on the telephone
• Ensure the proper setup of dining and service areas
• Offer appropriate seats using truly personable demeanor
• Politely request guests to wait in the bar / lounge area if no table is available
• Ensure neatness and cleanliness of host station
• Present menus to guest once seated presented the women guest first
• Help maintain the cleanliness of the restrooms / help keep doors and windows clean and smudge free
• Manage event related work including setting up tables and maintaining both exterior and interior of the restaurant
Interviews arranged via email through our HR. No drop in resume please.
Sitting high on a bluff where Route 66 meets the Pacific Ocean overlooking the Santa Monica Pier, The Lobster is an internationally recognized seafood and fine dining establishment. As a landmark restaurant with nearly a century of quality service, The Lobster specializes in Maine and California spiny lobsters, in addition to entrees composed of fresh, seasonal, locally-sourced ingredients.
The Lobster is a popular destination for Los Angeles locals, visitors, families and groups looking for the ideal place to enjoy casual fine dining while celebrating special moments in true California style. We invite you to relax, take in the stunning ocean views from our beautifully appointed, glass-walled dining room, and enjoy an unparalleled seafood dining experience.
After many years of successful business, The Lobster has become a Santa Monica institution, serving as a cornerstone and internationally recognized landmark adjacent to the Santa Monica Pier.
Welcome to The Lobster!