Executive Chef - Los Angeles
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
At TAO Los Angeles, guests immediately encounter a corridor with a dragon scale patterned screen, unique artwork and murals mounted on weathered brick walls. TAO Los Angeles offers a distinct sense of arrival and the subterranean restaurant is intended to look and feel as if it has been there for decades and only unearthed recently to reveal the artifacts within.
Chef/partner Ralph Scamardella oversees the massive menu of mostly Asian-style fare to inculde a full sushi menu list.
Check us out at www.taolosangeles.com
- Responsible for meeting annual food quality targets within the group.• Responsible for meeting annual food cost budget target
- Responsible for Chef recruitment, performance, promotions and scheduling.
- Oversees culinary operation to ensure that established TAO Group food standards, recipes, and procedures are being followed.
- Develops, maintains and implements training programs that are consistent company wide.
- Oversees the menu development and food program progression, including weekly specials and banquet menu development and approval.
- Acts as culinary liaison for all groups and charters. Creates and maintains these menus as needed and is final sign off on any special menu requests to ensure they still maintain the brand integrity.
- Responsible for all kitchen design input including sourcing of new equipment.
- Oversees new product/vendor relationships with the Director of Purchasing and Chef/Partner.
- Responsible for all BOH spending and funds.
- Leads culinary taskforce assignments as put forward by Chef/Partner.
- Traveling as requested by TAO Group to all Food and Beverage operations.
- Acts as Brand culinary liaison for any potential culinary partnerships, coordinates offsites, MEOS, special parties, and events.
- Manages the Kitchen equipment inventory lists, including budgets per restaurant, expenditure planning, kitchen remodeling, refits and dry docks.
- Leads the Environmental and Health Department in developing and implementing effective training programs, procedures for all food production related employees and areas.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Food knowledge.
- Ability to motivate, direct, and manage every staff member.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management skills.