Controller- East Coast
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Controller – East Coast
Direct Reports: 4-5 Venue Controllers for 9 (8 NYC and 1 Chicago) locations made up of restaurants and nightclubs
- Corporate Controller
- Accounting Team
- External Reporting and Consolidations
- Internal Audit Team
Key Team Relationships:
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Joint Venture Partners
- 6-7 Venue Bookkeepers / 4-5 Income Auditors
Key Responsibilities & Core Tasks
- Planning, directing and coordinating all aspects of accounting operations including reviewing and posting all month end close transactions/journal entries, reviewing monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations, ensuring all activity is recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Projected revenue for the New York and Chicago locations this position will be responsible for is approximately $170m.
- Distribute month end financial statements for each location including analytical narrative to include key revenue drivers. analysis of results versus budget and prior year, trends or circumstances that may impact future results, etc.
- Assist the FP&A Department in the formulation of the annual budget, interim forecasts and outlooks.
- Maintaining (and develop if necessary) accounting policies and procedures. Insure all Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to and records are maintained/documented in accordance with SOX including annual updates to process narratives and Risk Control Matrix.
- Provide data to operations as needed to assist in managing /improving the financial performance of the business.
- Drive process efficiencies/consistencies while continuing to assess skill sets of direct reports and reallocate responsibilities as necessary.
- Manage and provide audit and 10Q/K disclosure requests in a timely manner.
- 7-10 plus years of managerial accounting and financial management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business. CPA, CMA and/or public accounting experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, SOX and SEC Reporting.
- Knowledge in systems currently utilized by Tao a plus (i.e. Compeat GL, Micros, Accubar, Avero).
- Relevant industry accounting experience a plus (i.e. food & beverage).