Dual Director of Sales
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
The Duel Director of Sales functions as the leader of the property’s Sales Department for both the Embassy Suites San Luis Obispo and the Embassy Suites Lompoc. They are responsible for directing, coordinating training and supervising the Sales and Catering Managers, as well as the Sales Administrators. The DOS is responsible to provide guidance to business operations with the objective of maximizing growth and profitability as well as to ensure the strategic execution of the sales and marketing plans of the hotel. Areas of oversight include the supervision of the total sales efforts, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing customer accounts, implementation of sales and marketing strategies to maximize profits for the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
Four-year college degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management or related major
- Minimum 5 years sales and marketing experience in hospitality
- Ability to understand financial goals and achievement
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees
- 5 years previous management experience
MANAGING THE BUSINESS
As Duel DOS you will manage the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts. Provide day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Implement Windsor Hospitality and the brands’ service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focuses on building long-term, value-based customer relationships.
You will maintain customer satisfaction as the driving philosophy of the Sales department. Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process. Develop strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events. Drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during the program/event.
Empower staff to deliver customer service by encouraging and rewarding responsive guest assistance. Level of service provided to guests meet or exceeds customer expectations. Ensure that consistency of service and standards are met.
Manage department within budget. Assist with the preparation of the annual departmental budget that accurately reflects the department’s operations plan. Anticipate revenue/cost problems and report discrepancies to General Manager. Assist hotel staff with accounting related issues. Analyze financial and operating information on an ongoing basis in order to adjust labor, supplies, materials and other costs to achieve budget. Ensure department staff is are trained in control procedures and that these procedures are consistently followed. Maintain successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the hotel.
Manage people according to Windsor Hospitality’s values. Manage human resources functions including selection, orientation, training, performance reviews, pay and recognition programs to maintain a skilled and motivated workforce. Maintain a positive, cooperative work environment between staff and management. Emphasize training and development as a way of doing business in order to empower employees to successfully perform their jobs. Help to develop management talent by acting as a mentor for direct reports. Resolve employee grievances fairly and timely. Ensure employees fully understand performance standards, review process, and reward successes. Manage safety program to protect guests and employees and which meets OSHA requirements. Use ongoing safety plan to minimize workers’ compensation claims. Train staff to increase level of customer sales, service and safety skills on an ongoing basis. Monitor and maintain acceptable turnover levels.
- Drive sales to obtain financial goals
- Complete all paperwork accurately and timely
- Direct and correct the presentation of sales materials and contracts according to Windsor Capital Group standards
- Keep in contact with all outlets to ensure quality and consistency
- Promote employee empowerment
- Report unsafe conditions immediately
- Train, supervise, develop, discipline and counsel employees in accordance with Windsor Capital Group policies and procedures
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training
- Meet with sales people to evaluate new products
- Perform in the capacity of any position supervised
- Schedule staff according to business levels
- Attend all required meetings
- Conduct performance appraisals
WCG offers many benefits including:
- Sick Time
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision)& Other Supplemental Benefits
- On-Shift Employee Lunch
- EAP, Hotel Discounts
- LifeMart Discounts.