- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
The Hosts role is to warmly greet, seat and assist guests in accordance with matchbox quality standards and appropriately manage guest flow. The Host is a hospitality professional who is warm, genuine, and engaging, as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greets guests and facilitates seating guests per Matchbox timing and service standards, which include prolonged standing and walking throughout duration of shift.
- Understands and effectively communicates with guests both in person and over the phone ensuring clear expectations using prescribed verbiage.
- Cleans and maintains an organized, stocked work area which include, restrooms and outside perimeter of the restaurant.
- May assist in clearing and cleaning tables which could require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
- Completes side-work tasks as assigned.
- My take to-go orders, which requires writing orders and ringing orders into the point of sale system.
- Navigates reservation/guest management system quickly and efficiently
- Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance with local government standards.
- Experience in high-volume, upscale casual dining or an equivalent service environment preferred
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- At least 18 years of age (unless permitted by law)
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day preferred
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and some holidays
- Certified in (or able to be certified in) responsible alcohol service (as required by state or local law)
- Able to perform essential functions and demonstrate competencies to company standards with reasonable accommodation
- Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location (verbal and written)
A Culture of Caring
matchbox is more than just pizza and mini-burgers. We’re a community-driven restaurant group that brings people together. Our food is the draw, but it’s our team members working together that create an experience that brings guests back time and again.
The Secret Sauce
At matchbox, people are everything. From restaurant spaces to warm, attentive service, to clean, attractive environments, and fresh, quality food, we work together to make things happen for our guests and team members.
What We Offer
Competitive salary, structured and comprehensive new-hire training, a framework for career development within a high-growth company, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k benefits and more!
All in the Family
A great company is made of great people. And matchbox is made of talented professionals who take pride in delivering extraordinary experiences for others. If that sounds like you, join the matchbox family!