- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Dahl Restaurant Group, owners of Pisa Lisa, Mariposa, Cucina Rustica and, Dahl and DiLuca is opening our newest venture in the Village of Oak Creek, Butterfly Burger, a couture burger lounge. We are looking for dedicated, hard-working, enthusiastic employees. We are opening in late June of 2019.
- Responsible for the management of all aspects of the restaurant, dining room and function rooms; Directs and maintains a service and management philosophy which guides and leads team members; Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the interior restaurant structure.
- Active Food Handlers Card required.
- Previous experience in large restaurant management.
- Responsible for the financial and service aspects of all areas of the restaurant.
- POS administration; Review Sales for previous day; resolve issues with accounting.
- Review Daily specials and meet with Chef to discuss any back of the house issues.
- Manage the floor managers/hosts during the dinner service.
- Supervise floor management and implement floor logistics including server and busser sections, table settings and ensure that the floor managers are responsive to guests special requests.
- Ensure that the restaurant management team ensures that servers and bussers have an equitable and fair distribution of guests in a well paced environment.
- Make sure the floor managers supervise and that side work is assigned and completed by servers and bussers both at the beginning and end of service.
- Make sure, with the floor managers, that dining rooms, bus stations, storage area and bathrooms are ready for service.
- Communicate misconduct or other staff problems to the Corporate General Manager and/or Owner.
- You will have the authority to require a staff member to leave pending further determination if behavior, attitude or performance is detrimental or unsafe to the operation of the restaurant.
- Make sure applicable Federal/State/Local regulations and documents are in order, esp. labor, liquor and health laws.
- Supervise the preparation of work schedules for Dining Room staff paying attention to business trends and labor costs.
- Monitor the managers making sure that staff for tardiness, readiness to work, assign side work as needed.
- Conduct pre-shift staff meeting to discuss specials, work assignments, and pertinent issues.
- Review and make sure floor managers have monitored reservations with host and follow up on special requests and pre assign tables if needed.
- Maintain and assist in hiring as well as training a well organized, well motivated, competent team.
- Make sure all closing duties are done.
- Make sure that the managers have POS tables closed and that the credit card batch is sent at the end of service.
- Security .
- Responsible that managers supervise the maintenance of refrigerator temperature logs.
- Review with event coordinator the events scheduled well in advance of the event and plan accordingly .
- Executive Management abilities.
- Good verbal and written Communication skills.
- Pleasant personality which allows the ability to multi-task between customers, management, staff, and back of the house.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws governing equal employment, civil rights, OSHA, wage and hour issues and labor relations.
- Meal plan/free food
- Health insurance for all full time employees
- 401k and vacation pay for all employees after 1 year
- 25% off health club membership
- Sick pay
For more than 22 years, Chef Lisa Dahl has pioneered the culinary scene in Sedona, Ariz. as the executive chef and owner of four amazing restaurants in Northern Arizona's red rock country. Dahl & Di Luca Ristorante Italiano, Cucina Rustica, Pisa Lisa and the newest, most buzzed-about addition, Mariposa Latin Inspired Grill have earned international acclaim.
Dahl was the first to introduce fine dining to the small town of Sedona in the late ‘90s, and she remains the largest restaurateur in the area with accolades spanning the culinary spectrum. In recent years, she is widely credited for Sedona's emergence as a national "foodie destination." Along with being a self-taught chef and successful restaurateur, Dahl is also a best-selling cookbook author and designer, having designed the interiors of each of her restaurants.
She lives by her mantra, “when you cook with love, you feed the soul” and believes that flavors should never be overworked, food should speak for itself and only the best ingredients should prevail.
After shedding her life in the Bay Area and a career in the fashion industry following a family tragedy and the loss of her son Justin, Dahl sought healing and moved to Sedona, a town famous for its healing powers, spiritual energy, and fabled vortexes. Once there, she unearthed a passion for cooking, one she and Justin shared, and a new-found love of fostering memorable dining experiences with simple, fresh and uncomplicated dishes as the centerpiece.
Today, Dahl Restaurant Group welcomes more than 400,000 guests per year across all four restaurants and employs close to 250 people, many of whom have been with the company for 15 years.
Dahl has been a twice featured chef at the James Beard House in New York City. She has sold more than 16,000 copies of her award-winning cookbook, The Elixir of Life. Most recently she beat Arizona's top male chefs for the title of "Burger Battle Champion" in Scottsdale, Ariz., thus qualifying for the 2018 World Food Championships reprising her 2016 win.