Registrar: Patient Access
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Responsible for the registration of patients with a focus on customer service, gathering information, upfront collections and the ability to interpret and ensure compliance with payer guidelines for accurate input.
Duties may also include telephone interviews, taking payments and discharging of patients.
Works in tandem with personnel from other departments to include nursing staff.
Handles patient inquiries and assist to resolve issues and/or concerns.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to interpret and generate written correspondence utilizing proper grammar, spelling and composition skills. Knowledge of Payer guidelines.
- Computer knowledge.
- Experience with automated systems.
- Ability to operate office equipment, such as copy machines, fax machine and printers.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Good communication skills essential.
- Prior experience involving public contact.
- One year's experience in a hospital, insurance or office environment.
- Medical terminology.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the HMHD Compliance Plan.
- Conduct reflects HMHD’s values and a commitment to HMHD’s Code of Conduct.
- Attends the required corporate integrity and compliance training and education programs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in understanding the materials presented during the corporate integrity and compliance training and education program.
- Complies with all HIPAA standards.
- Continually demonstrate the ability to determine appropriate patient status.
- Register patients with correct account number and unit number.
- Explain pertinent documents and hospital policies. Obtain appropriate signatures.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with payer guidelines for accurate input.
- Register patients timely to minimize wait time.
- Process patient information with a minimal error rate.
- Attempt upfront collections with a focus on constant improvement.
- Consistently discharges ER accounts with accuracy.
- Attends scheduled departmental meetings.
- Works in tandem with personnel from other departments to include nursing staff.
- Resolve issues and/or concerns amicably in a timely manner. Involve coordinator or manager when needed.
- Promote and demonstrate excellent customer service at all times with internal and external customers to include patients, physicians, co-workers and other hospital personnel.
- Communicates effectively and expresses ideas clearly, actively listens and follows appropriate channels of communication.
- Adaptable and responsive to change.
- Uses time clock accurately and is punctual on a consistent basis.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in all assigned task and towards others.
- Follows "Call-In" policy by notifying PFS Leader of absence.
- Absences during evaluation period: 0-6 Occurrences = Meets Requirements. 7 or more Occurrences = Does not meet requirements.
- Adheres to hospital and department dress code. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
- Consistently contributes to the achievement of excellence in healthcare through the quality and caring values of the mission and vision of Hunt Memorial Hospital District.
- Perform special duties and projects as assigned.