Dining Room Manager
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Dining Room Manager
II. Job Summary
Responsible for management of dining room services in the manner most pleasing to members and their guests.
Assure a high standard of appearance, hospitality and service in personnel and cleanliness of dining room. Supervise and train dining room staff; manage within budgetary restraints; develop/implement programs to increase revenues (repeat business and higher check averages).
III. Job Tasks (Duties)
1. Schedules personnel and plans dining room set‑up based upon anticipated member/guest counts and client needs
2. Takes reservations and checks table reservation schedules
3. Greets and seats members and guests
4. Carefully supervises dining room staff to help assure proper service; takes orders when necessary
5. Inspects dining room employees to ensure that they are in proper and clean
uniforms at all times
6. Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates dining room staff, this is to include conducting personal evaluations and reviews.
7. Provides appropriate reports concerning employee hours, schedules, pay rates, job changes, etc.
8. Receives and resolves complaints concerning food, beverages, and service.
9. Serves as liaison between the dining room and kitchen staff.
10. Assures that all sidework is accomplished and that all cleaning of equipment and storage areas is completed according to schedule.
11. Directs pre‑meal meetings with dining room personnel. Relays information and policy changes and briefs personnel.
12. Assures the correct appearance, cleanliness and safety of dining room areas, equipment and fixtures. Checks the maintenance of all equipment in the dining room and reports deficiencies and maintenance concerns.
13. Make suggestions about improvements in dining room service procedures and layout.
14. Produces daily/meal period revenue analyses and other reports from the Point of Sale system used in the dining room. Runs End of Shift report for Dining Room at end of business day.
15. Assures that the dining room and other club areas are secure at the end of the business day.
16. Maintains an inventory of dining room items including silverware, coffee pots, water pitchers, salt and pepper holders, sugar bowls, uniforms and linen and ensures that they are properly stored and accounted for
17. Develops and maintains the dining room reservation system.
18. Develops and implements an on‑going marketing program to increase dining room business.
19. Develops and supervises the revenue control system.
20. Monitors dining room labor and supply budget; makes adjustments as necessary to achieve financial goals.
21. Develops and continually updates and refines policy and procedure manuals for service staff to increase quality and to control costs.
22. Assists in service and tableside cookery as needed.
23. Attends scheduled staff meetings.
24. Oversees inventory of all staff uniforms and orders as needed.
25. Oversees and observes business in the Burgee Bar, attending to cleanliness, service and any requests by members.
V. Reports to
Food and Beverage Director