AM Server- Full Time
- $16.10 Hourly
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Position Purpose: Engages and guides guest through all elements of meal service and all of the components involved at the highest level of hospitality. Communicate with guests, general public, management and staff. Understand and comply with Policies and Procedures, job description, job requirements, daily memorandums and other instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
• Fully understands and can guide guests through the food menu and beverage list from the standpoint of ingredients and preparation of the dishes to the delivery and service expected to accompany the dish.
• Delivers all required Standards of Service to guests (e.g., Sequence of Service, proper verbiage and scripting, service timing, etc.)
• Responsible for the complete service of the table with the ability to understand guest preferences and deliver upon those preferences.
• Anticipates, reads and effectively reacts to guests’ behavior and disposition
• Actively collects guest information and reports this information to Greeter/Management
• Helps to maintain a constant flow of soiled dishes to the kitchen and clean supplies to the dining room.
• Helps to meticulously clean and reset dining room tables and booths during and after meal.
• Has the ability to use the POS efficiently.
• Must be proficient in multi tasking and managing designated stations.
• Must comply with opening and closing as well as running side work necessities.
• Direct and consistent communication with the culinary and management team.
• Processes guest’s checks and submits closing paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product and personnel involving/notifying Management
• Must effectively delegate service responsibilities to the assisting staff such as Tableside Assistant and Runner
• Demonstrates ability to learn and change behaviors based on feedback by manager.
• Routinely shows up to work in a timely fashion prepared to work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Two years or more of service in a food driven and high service level establishment preferred.
• Able to speak proficiently about seasonal food ingredients while passionately guiding guests through a menu.
• Able to learn and retain new menu information on a daily basis in order to effectively articulate description, taste and composition to guest.
• Able to speak proficiently about overall taste and composition of all spirits, beer and wine.
• Extensive knowledge of wine to include varietals, pairings, regions and language.
• Extensive knowledge of beer to include styles and California microbrews.
• Able to read, write and speak verbally in English. Excellent communication skills and familiarity with the hospitality industry.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with all department management, staff, personnel and general public.
A NORTH HOLLYWOOD HOTEL JUST MINUTES FROM UNIVERSAL STUDIOS AND HOLLYWOOD
Your Urban Oasis Awaits
Bright sun pours in from floor to ceiling windows. An open fireplace warms cool California nights. Artisanal cocktails and farm fresh eats await your request. Welcoming and warm, yet distinctively retro, this is the California dream come true. Every design detail has been handpicked to evoke the whimsy and thoughtful aesthetic of a bygone era. This is your urban oasis, secluded within seven lush acres, yet minutes from excitement and thrills of LA.
A unique neighborhood gathering place, The Front Yard, showcases LA's diverse flavors in a setting as casual and comfortable as an evening at an old friend's house. Come on over anytime and we'll set you a place around the table.
The Garland team is about working together, having fun and being happy, genuine hospitality and celebrating each of our unique differences. We offer rewarding benefits in the form of Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account and 401K for eligible associates. But that’s not all…here at The Garland we believe in celebrating our Associates with a wide variety of recognition programs and events all year long!