SUD Counselor, VRC-GPD
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
VVSD is looking for employees who want to make a difference!
The SUD Counselor is pivotal to the success of our clients. The SUD Counselor a meets with assigned clients weekly to do assessment, formulate treatment plans, make referrals, and provide counseling. Assure that each client is provided appropriate mental health services and utilizes program components that are consistent with the client's treatment plan. Interface with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress. The Case Manager maintains other collateral responsibilities as assigned.
Under the general supervision of the Program Director and/or other designated supervisors the SUD Counselor responsibilities include;
- Perform intake interviews, assessments and refer clients to appropriate community resources
- Perform individual addiction counseling and case-manage all assigned clients through their treatment completion and follow-up.
- Facilitate structured didactic groups and process groups
- Assist residents with individual treatment planning
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Currently be registered or certified as an SUD Counselor
- Must have completed AOD/SUD studies and internship
- Basic understanding of Veterans benefits and issues.
- Basic certified knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery process.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Valid California driver’s license, vehicle insurance
- Must be able to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Candidate must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen prior to any offer of employment
Veterans Village of San Diego has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
PLEASE NOTE: If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years. VVSD is an EEOC employer.