- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
Cost-conscious Procurement Manager to run the purchasing operations instituting innovative policies to save the company money with strong negotiations with existing and new suppliers and at the same time improve products quality.
- Negotiate service contracts, purchasing contracts
- Develop, enhance and execute new improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing.
- Delegate tasks and supervise the work of buyers.
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify top management of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency.
- Institute policies and procedures for collecting and reporting key metrics that will reduce our overall expenses while increasing productivity.
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks.
General office equipment
- Negotiate pricing, terms and deliverables for domestic and global contracts with suppliers and service providers.
- Analyze multiple bids for specific project or product to determine the best option based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
- Make decisions based on requirements provided by top management and interested departments.
The following characteristics are important for success:
-Strong team leadership skills; will lead by example and be willing to pitch in to get the job done.
-Credibility with peers, senior management, business partners, relevant agencies and customers.
-A bias for action; effectively develops and executes strategies and plans; demonstrates a track record of achievement.
-Excellent strategic thinking.
-A comfort level with challenging others and having your own ideas challenged.
-The ability to set the highest standards of achievement.
-The ability to set and adhere to the highest level of integrity, morals and ethics.
-A high degree of professionalism with the ability to be a high energy, passionate champion for the company.
-An ability to be a part of closely-knit teams and interacting effectively across disciplines.
-Sensitivity to internal and external customer needs.
-Ensure alignment with internal customer needs.
-Implement continuous improvement initiatives to ensure maximum productivity.
-Adhere to all GMP and ISO guidelines.
-Any time you are unable to report to work due to illness you must speak directly to your supervisor, if that person is not available then to Human Resources. It is not acceptable to leave voice mails, e-mails or messages with co-workers.
Working Conditions; Physical & Mental Demands:
This job operates in a professional office environment.
Fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities and demands
This position requires up to 20% travel. Frequently travel is outside the local area and overnight.
Supervision of Others:
Global Supply Chain Manager
Review and approve all ePOR’s before routing for top management approval.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
SLI is an equal opportunity employer and all employees are responsible for maintaining a discrimination and harassment free environment.
All employees are accountable for conducting their daily business responsibilities in an ethical and moral manner.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.