Group Housing Coordinator
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
- Manage group reservations, housing contact for clients.
- Manage and update group blocks based on inventory and pick up
- Coordinate group reservations and rate implementation
- Through understanding of guest patterns.
- Previous Reservatio, front office, and/or group sales experience in a full-service hotel, preferreably 2+ years of experience.
- Intermediate to advance computer skills with minimum of 45+ wpm typing skills and MSO office, OUtlook, Word, Excell proficiency
- CI/TY, MARSHA, and/or OneYield (Marriott) systems preferred, but not required
- Detail-oriented with ability to manage several task and projects simultaneously
- Process and handle group rooming lists, reservations, and associate reservations requests by inputting data into the rrservations systems
- Monitor and analyze room inventory to manage occupancy, increase average rate, including monitoring of group blocks, determining out of dates and rates.
Physical Demands: Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, or pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met. Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
Reasoning, Mathematical and Language Development are indicative of the general level of development required to do this job. Some, but not necessarily all, areas mentioned in this section will be included in this job.
Reasoning Development: Apply principles of rational systems to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic, or schedule form.
Mathematical Development: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights and measures. Algebra: Calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ration and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals.
Language Development: Reading: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals. Writing: Write business letters, summaries, and reports, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style. Speaking: Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things: Data: Compiling: Gathering, collating, or classifying information about data, people, or things. Reporting and/or carrying out a prescribed action In relation to the information is frequently involved. People: Speaking: Talking with people to convey or exchange information. Includes giving assignments and/or directions. Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, object or material.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs.
ON-THE-Job, including sales and secretarial experience of at least two (2) years; hospitality sales experience preferred. To do this job, you must have the following licenses or certifications before being hired:
To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.)
High School Diploma, or G.E.D., preferred, or an equivalent level of education and experience