Resident IT Technician
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Under general supervision from the Director of Information Services, performs a variety of duties with regard to resident IT support and other IT duties as assigned. This position is a working position. The Resident IT Technician will possess a genuine interest in and concern for geriatric, chronically ill and/or disabled persons. Must be able to fluently communicate in or to take or give direction or guidance in the English language.
- Regular attendance is considered an essential function of this position and is necessary for the efficient operation of the business.
- Assists residents with technical support of emergency buttons, TV, internet, phone, smart home and related technology. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of TV signal and telephone network. Included, but not limited to maintaining, and repairing cable TV and internet connectivity.
- Assists residents with the configuration, and ongoing usability of Glencroft’s in home technology services and equipment within established standards and guidelines.
- Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. The position utilizes one-on-one consultancy to Glencroft residents and Glencroft staff alike.
- The position’s responsibilities require independent analyses, communication and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative and judgment.
- Works with Vendor Support contacts to resolve technical problems with Glencroft’s in home IT services and software. Works with Help Desk and the Systems Administrators as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from service calls.
- Trains and orients residents and staff on use of hardware and software. Recommends and/or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Notifies the Director of Information Services of procurement needs to purchase hardware and software as to assess functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Maintains resident asset inventory and related software applications.
- Maintains documentation on devices and service changes. Creates how to documents to ensure proper back up coverage.
- Performs all other related duties as required/assigned.
The vision of Glencroft is to create an environment that inspires seniors to experience enriched and fulfilling lives. Glencroft is the largest Senior Living Community in Arizona and the 4th largest in the nation. The community sits on 40 lush acres of citrus trees and grass. We offer all-inclusive services to our residents which consists of housekeeping, security, meals, transportation and activities.
To provide a broad continuum of high quality senior services in a manner that demonstrates Christian love and compassion we select only the best employees. If you are passionate about your job and working with seniors in a team-orientated work environment, then we want you.