Dim Sum Chef
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
Blackbrick is looking for a Dim Sum Chef with a strong background in upscale asian cooking. The Dim Sum Chef will be responsible for preparing dishes, training staff memebers, managing inventory and needs, and working with other managers to ensure the smooth running of the establishment.
2+ years Dim Sum Chef/Sous Chef or related experience.
3+ years cooking experience inChinese and/or Asian cuisine.
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Pull food from freezer storage to thaw in the refrigerator.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment.
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
- Monitor food quality while preparing food.
- Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served.
- Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacle.
- Use kitchen tools safely and appropriately. Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods.
Blackbrick Chinese is the latest passion project of Chef Richard Hales and crew. Chef Hales reinvigorated Asian food in Miami with his first restaurant Sakaya Kitchen in 2009 and food truck Dim Ssam a gogo in 2010. Blackbrick Chinese was one of the most anticipated openings of 2013 and has been received to critical acclaim. Miami New times says"Blackbrick in Midtown Serves the Chinese Food You've Been Waiting For" and Miami Herald critic gave Blackbrick "3 Stars, Very Good"