Pitfire Pasadena | Chef/Kitchen Manager
- $5K - $60K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
Pitfire is hiring Chef/Kitchen Manager (Pasadena)!
We are a company of 7 uniquely designed, entrepreneurially managed wood fired pizza joints. We offer thoughtful, seasonal, and chef driven food at a reasonable price. We make ourselves available to our community in many different ways. We change our menu often, we curate amazing craft beer programs that are different at every location, and our wine list is small but mighty. We listen to good music. We encourage our staff to be individuals and express their style. We make our own dough, we hand stretch our pizzas and we are driven by hospitality, art, and being a positive force in the community.
We are seeking a highly motivated, passionate Kitchen Manager. The Kitchen Manager will be responsible, but not limited to, all operations of the kitchen on a daily basis. Our leaders coach, train, and inspire each other to deliver a genuine guest experience.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant's recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards
- Maintain operational control of purchasing, receiving, and inventory of all kitchen items
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant's preventative maintenance programs
- Schedule labor as required by anticipating business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost goals are met
- Provide employees and staff with proper training and monitoring to maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization along with the safety of all work areas
- Monitor performance of staff and ensure all procedures are completed to restaurant standards
- Create a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction
- 2-3 years of pizza/pasta experience and or similar environment.
- Dedication to excellent food quality and ensuring compliance with all health and safety, and safe food handling practices
- Passion for food; should be bright, seasonal, and ingredients driven
- Ability to work effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in a positive/upbeat fashion
- Experience in P&L review, budgetary controls, strict inventory and labor controls
- Active ServSafe Management Food Safety Certificate
- A flexible schedule. Mornings, nights, weekends and holidays are required
- Competitive salary
- Monthly & quarterly bonus structure
- Medical, dental, and vision and life insurance
- 2 weeks paid vacation in first year, 3 weeks after 3 years
- Life, Balance * Company Dining Program
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Pitfire is Equal Opportunity Employer