- $14.00 - $18.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employer Likely to Respond
A Cook is responsible for serving our guests, our team and Not Your Average Joe’s with unparalleled hospitality to create unforgettable guest and team member experiences every day!
What you will do:
- Sets up station with food products and utensils and turns on equipment to ensure the station is ready for production.
- Prepares raw ingredients, adhering to all recipes, for use on the line and for use in food prep recipes.
- Uses proper portioning techniques and recipe procedures to create prepared food products.
- Reads tickets and/or listens to what dishes are called to determine what/when items need to be prepared
- Checks and adjusts temperature of equipment to ensure food is cooked and stored at the proper temperature.
- Cleans station floors, counters, tools, cutting boards, and preparation surfaces using the proper cleaning solutions to ensure station is clean and sanitized at all times.
- Follows proper check out procedures before leaving at the end of a shift
What we need from you:
- Ability to understand and follow direction from others.
- Ability to read recipes and memorize and replicate food production procedures.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
Perks of the Job:
- A supportive team atmosphere.
- Opportunities for growth.
- Schedules in advance.
Restaurants aren't meant to be average! Stephen Silverstein opened the first Not Your Average Joe’s in pursuit of the uncommon. In 1994, he worked to give his hometown of Dartmouth, Massachusetts a unique neighborhood place with great food and better company.
Today, we have 23 restaurants spread throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Maryland. We’re building incredible spaces with every nail, and striving to be better with every opening. In doing this, we’ve created a culture where our people are our foundation – making the sky the limit where we go next.