Restaurant General Manager
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
ABOUT PLAN DO SEE
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company with a core business in hotels, restaurants & bars, wedding & events, and consulting. Plan Do See’s headquarters are located in Tokyo and New York. Their mission is to create hospitality destinations around the world that offer memorable experiences and together build a lasting, positive relationship with our guests, partners, employees and communities.
DECK. is the heart of Queen Kapi‘olani Hotels culinary offerings. It’s an Island destination unto itself at the crossroads of contemporary service, flavors and a legacy of happy island legend. Destined to be the new “spot” to see and be seen, DECK. presents Hawaiian food in a shareable style, featuring a variety of grilled meat and seafood dishes accompanied by a beverage program composed of an energetic mix of craft cocktails inspired by the classics but with a DECK. twist. DECK. also offers up tremendous views perfect for private dining and events. Anything from weddings, birthday parties, rehearsal dinners or office luncheons, DECK. has you covered with modern ballroom or outdoor seating.
KNOTS is the perfect place to meet before a day’s adventure to get fueled up on locally sourced coffee and tea. The fun fusion of local coffee, fresh juices, handmade sweet and savory treats, and a laid back atmosphere will have you yearning for more. Located steps off Kap‘iolani Park, Knots is the perfect place to hang out when the beach gets boring. Knots is the perfect place to meet and mingle with friends, pick up food a picnic in the park or refresh yourself after a long day at work.
The right candidate for this exceptional opportunity will be able to exhibit passion for excellence, flair for service, and lifestyle and possess a level of confidence in their sophistication and style.
The Restaurant General Manager will be a crucial element to the success of the operation. This candidate assists the F&B Director with his/her responsibilities, which include training, developing and monitoring staff interaction with members. The ideal candidate also assists F&B Director in upholding high standards of service and true hospitality as well as consistently infusing the staff with an "above and beyond" mentality. The Restaurant General Manager will work in the F&B operation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Under the guidance of F&B Director, operate guest dining areas to PDS specifications, upholding high standards, impeccable service and delivering a unique above and beyond mentality.
- Ensure service style and standards are met and guest expectations are exceeded.
- Identify guest needs and respond proactively to all of their concerns.
- Monitors guests and internal feedback and takes corrective action as required ensuring the highest level of guest satisfaction.
- Be proactive in developing innovative ideas to facilitate the continual delivery of exceptional quality product.
- In conjunction with F&B Director, lead F&B team by training and appraising talented personnel.
- Assist the F&B Director to prepare and perform training to mentor staff.
- Manage and oversee restaurant and café staff.
- Create shift for biweekly activities.
- Maintain cooperative and effective working relationship with food and beverage management, all staff, all departments, and the staff of the hotel.
- Attend daily morning or afternoon meeting with other department managers to gather information and help communicate that to the staff.
- Keep F&B Director informed of operational incidents immediately as needed or daily.
- As needed, prepare warnings and written documentation in a timely manner.
- Assist in managing monthly food, beverage and labor in an effort to minimize expenses and overtime.
- Assist the F&B Director to ensure that paperwork is processed for bookkeeping and payment.
- Be aware of sales results and productivity.
- Act as a brand ambassador on property and PDS.
- Continually thrive for a better understanding and education on PDS (Deck and Knots Coffee Roasters) offerings, be they food, liquor or other beverage.
- Act as a liaison between the community and the operation.
- Enforce sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance of kitchen and dining areas.
- Comply with health, safety, and sanitation regulations, and alcohol awareness standards.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards, rules, company policies, procedures, federal/state/local laws, and ordinances.
- Cooperate and work alongside events service and culinary team.
- Manage and execute operational service for the restaurant and cafe.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
*Job description may be changed at any time
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be able to speak, hear, understand, read, and write the English language.
- High school diploma.
- Hawaii Food Handler Card.
- A general knowledge and understanding of Hawaii’s current events, cultural and culinary happenings.
- Excellent knowledge of wine, spirits, and liquors and their proper service.
- Proficiency in OpenTable or similar reservation system.
- Proficiency in MICROS or similar POS program on a managerial level.
- Experience as a General Manager or Floor Manager in upper-casual/fine dining restaurant or luxury resort/hotel.
- Knowledge of training new hires and continuing education of current staff on food, wine and cocktail specifications.
- Experience with inventory and ordering of restaurant goods.
- Understanding of Department of labor standards.
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Must have proven leadership skills and teambuilding skills.
- Must have a strong customer service aptitude.
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Capable of analyzing business outcomes and scheduling appropriately.
- Conflict resolution sensibility, both with staff and guests.
- Willingness to learn, especially information that may not be F&B related.
- Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Constant walking, sitting, and standing.
- Be able to work in a standing position for extensive periods of time.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop
- Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- The employee may be exposed to the risks associated with attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
- Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.