Shift Lead -Bedford
- $11.50 Hourly
- Full Time
- Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Lift Off Coffee & Tea is an exciting coffee concept located in Walmart Supercenters across the country. A Lift Off Shift Lead is responsible for the operational success of the coffee bar while on shift, and cooperates with management to ensure that company policies are followed and service standards are met. We use new technology so coffee making experience is a plus but not required!
What you will do:
- Maintain a professional, cooperative, respectful, and comfortable attitude, and coach staff to do the same
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures are followed, assigned tasks are completed and supplies are stocked. Be responsible for cash management and daily deposits.
- Respond to customer concerns/needs in a manner that cultivates positive relationships
- Take customer orders and process transactions in the Point of Sale (POS) system, following protocol to ensure consistency and quality of product
- Heat food items using panini grill and toaster oven. Prepare and present beverages according to recipes and standards
- Maintain a consistent and approachable leadership presence to staff. Provide appropriate feedback regarding performance and behavior. Act as manager when they are not available
- Actively seek mentorship from management to refine leadership effectiveness
What we need from you:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters, while reporting necessary issues to management and the Human Resources department
- Strong leadership and communication skills. Ability to manage and lead a team
- Ability to remain composed and effective, even during times of crisis or difficulty
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to equitably delegate tasks, provide feedback, and resolve conflicts
- Attention to detail, especially as it pertains to processes and cash handling
- Ability to organize workload
- Flexible to evolving demands and adaptive to change
- Technical capacity, including ability to operate Point of Sale (POS) system
- Be able to obtain a current food handlers card valid for work location
Perks of the Job:
- A supportive team environment
- Unlimited free beverages during your shift, and 50% off of any food. 20% off for your friends and family
- Contribution to an employee health plan for full-time employees
- 6 Paid Holidays per year (plus double-time if you work them!)
- Paid PTO (Personal Time Off) program
- 401(k) program available for full-time employees
- No uniforms required! Wear your own style, with Lift Off provided aprons
Lift Off Coffee & Tea is in the business of providing a moment of enjoyment in the busy day through delicious coffee and tea. Our success is based on providing speedy, friendly customer service with consistent, good quality products. Customer service is not a vehicle for delivering a great product; it is a core product of our company. We do it by working very hard, thinking about our customers’ needs, and giving them our best. We do it by treating each other and customers with respect. We do it by acting as a team.
Lift Off Coffee & Tea has developed new technologies to ensure a high quality, consistent cup of coffee delivered incredibly fast. We do all of this out of state of the art recycled shipping containers, all decked out for comfort and speed and dropped into your local Walmart Supercenter!
We are looking for team members who want to be part of our mission – and to grow with us in this exciting new venture.