- $18.00 Hourly
- Full Time
- Meal Plan / Free Food
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
Responsible to assist the executive chef with daily kitchen activities and overall quality of foods produced while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness, sanitary and safe work environment.
- Works alongside executive chef to manage daily kitchen activities
- Leads kitchen team in chef's absence
- Aide with menu preparation, ensuring food quality and freshness, and monitoring ordering and stocking.
- Provides meal quality and consistency by following designated recipes under the direction of the Executive Chef
- Ensures a first-in, first-out food rotation system and verifies all food products are properly dated and organized for quality assurance
- Hires and trains new kitchen employees to restaurant and kitchen standards under executive chef supervision and approval.
- Establish working schedule.
- Maintain order and discipline in the kitchen during working hours
- Works with executive chef to maintain kitchen organization, staff ability, and training opportunities
- Assists executive chef with menu creation
- Verifies that food storage units all meet standards and are consistently well-managed
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Make sure that the professional equipment is in good conditions and signal any malfunction before it affects the staff or the clients.
- Support Executive Chef in monitoring and controlling inventory and labor cost
This job performed usually indoors, in a controlled environment, and experiences a moderate noise level in the work environment. This job has intermittent levels of high stress.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel depending on the situation; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Employee is expected to work alternating schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Proven working experience as a Sous Chef
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Time Management Skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- BS or AS degree in culinary science or related certificate or comparative experience.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the kitchen department.
Havana 1957 combines the flavors of traditional Cuban cuisine with the enchantment and sophistication of Havana in the 1950’s.
Havana 1957 is a new chain of Cuban restaurants unlike other traditional Cuban restaurants. It sets itself apart by creating a unique dining experience that allows you to spend Un Dia En La Habana and relive the glory and glamour of old Cuba during the 1950’s.
Each of our four restaurants combines the flavors of authentic Cuban cuisine, classic Cuban music and vintage memorabilia bringing Cuban Nostalgia to each neighborhood.