CONTROLLER - WEDDINGS AND SPECIAL EVENTS
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
Wedgewood Weddings in Temecula, CA is seeking a Controller to join our dynamic Accounting Team. We are currently accepting applications and resume submissions for this full-time position.
The Controller reports to the CFO and oversees the corporate accounting function compromised of 8-10 team members, supporting 43 wedding and event venues across the United States.
- Oversight of all month-end close and monthly financial statement preparation accordance with GAAP. Review A/P, A/R, fixed assets, journal entries, income statement accounts and multi-state payroll reports.
- Responsible for maintaining chart of accounts, including GL account analysis and reconciliations for percentage rents, pre-paid property taxes, license compliance and FUTA assessment accruals.
- Prepare monthly consolidated financials that summarize company business activity and financial position for multiple locations.
- Banking system set-up and relationship management, including creation of daily bank report, review of check and ACH discrepancies, wire transfers, review of all bank reconciliations, and revenue transaction management.
- Accounts payable oversight through approving invoices, weekly check reporting, issued checks, and electronic payments.
- Fixed asset maintenance, record keeping, scheduling, and invoicing.
- Oversight of biweekly payroll processing by reviewing payroll reports, calculating tax credits, signing and reviewing manual payroll checks, and assisting with annual worker's compensation and 401k audit.
- Navision operations, maintenance and user security.
- Delivering excellent customer service and support to our venue management team through selection and leadership of the accounting staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree - Accounting preferred and Active CPA (preferred).
- Navision ERP experience (preferred) and advanced Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Payroll, Benefits and 401(k) administration experience.
Hospitality, multi-state, multi-location experience.
Our company culture fosters teamwork as well as individual accountability--and a competitive compensation and benefits package!
The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy, ready to take on the challenge of scaling the business for the future, and a strong leader for an established accounting team.
We look forward to hearing from you, learning about you and your experience, and why you think you would be a great fit for us at Wedgewood Weddings.