Clinical Office Assistant
- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate shall not be a factor in employment for this position. Due to the nature of hospital services, it may become necessary to work extended hours.
- Responsible for scheduling, insurance verification, prior authorization validation and registering patient accounts with a focus on hospital reimbursement. Interpret and ensure compliance with payer guidelines for accurate input. Works in tandem with the clinical staff, checks vitals, med runner and assists with patient needs. Assist patients with drug replacement/assistance programs and insurance inquiries. Assist to resolve issues and/or concerns.
POSITION SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports To:
- Outpatient Service Line Director
- Minimum Education
- High School or equivalent.
- Minimum Work Experience
- One year's experience in a hospital, insurance or office environment preferred. Experience with automated systems required. Prior experience involving public contact. Clinical experience.
- Required Licenses/Certifications
- Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Ability to interpret and generate written correspondence utilizing proper grammar, spelling and composition skills. Knowledge of Payer guidelines required. Computer knowledge required. Ability to operate office equipment, such as copy machines, fax machine and printers. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision. Good communication skills essential. Ability to pass basic job related competencies.
- Preferred Qualification
- Medical terminology preferred.
- "Light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. " Involves sitting for long periods of time. Occasionally requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling. Requires near and midrange vision, talking, hearing, repetitive movement of wrists, hands and fingers. Requires viewing computer screens for extended periods. The incumbent works in a good environment under clean working conditions; one or more disagreeable elements may be present to a small degree from time to time. There is potential for exposure to contagious diseases from patient contact but these will be minimal if proper safety precautions are taken.
Would you like to have a positive influence on the lives of patients and families in Hunt County, Texas? With a career at Hunt Regional Healthcare, you’ll have that chance.
As a member of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to live out our mission and vision through service-oriented care. Hunt Regional aims to be the preferred health care system in the communities and surrounding areas we serve. We do that through state-of-the-art technology, continually advancing service lines, and through providing a safe healing environment and outstanding patient experience for each individual we treat. Our values and quality care set our organization apart.
Hunt Regional Healthcare is proud to offer a competitive benefits package that is designed to work for you. If you're looking for premium healthcare coverage, you've come to the right organization.
Core benefits include:
- Medical benefits
- Dental & vision benefits
- Long-term disability
- Voluntary accidental death & dismemberment
- Life insurance
We also provide a robust supplementary benefits package, including:
- Prescription coverage
- Wellness perks
- Employee counseling
- Retirement packages
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time off
- Generous sick leave allowance
- Other voluntary benefits