Social Media Manager/Food Photographer - NYC
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Ask Us!, Employee Discounts
- Employer Unlikely to Respond
About the Company
Tao Group Hospitality is a leading restaurant and nightlife hospitality company that develops, owns and operates many of the most successful venues in the United States and abroad.
Love photographing food? We’re looking for an food photographer to join our team as a content creator / social media manager. Responsibilities include creating content and managing the social channels for three of our restaurant venues: Vandal, Beauty & Essex, and TAO Uptown + one of our celebrity chef’s personal brands. Please include a link to your portfolio with your submission.
Social Media/Content Creation
- 3+ years relative experience preferred.
- Be responsible for photography creation, curation and selection.
- Liaise with food bloggers & chefs to create cross-promotional content
- Brainstorm inventive content ideas and topics that drive engagement
- Create content in fresh ways, so that top-performing materials continue to get new eyes and is aligned with food trends and interests.
- Own and manage the email and newsletter strategy to share content with subscribers
- Demonstrate a great eye for design, technical skill, and knowledge of current food trends.
- Weekly social media content creation, calendars, and posts across relevant channels.
- Directly manage the social media channels of Tao Group’s venues
- Guest interaction – respond to online inquiries in a professional manner and interact. with those who tag or reference our venues.
- Social media ads – maintain healthy budget and execute accordingly.
- Generate innovative and original content, both written and visual (photos).
- Send manager monthly social media stats to show month to month channel growth.
- Stay up to date on food holidays and incorporate them as part of content where applicable.
- Work with venue chef + operations team to schedule photo & video shoots.
- Create & Update BEOs accordingly.
- On site shoot management.
- Send photos + listing on Event Up with details.
- Coordinate and support events that are led by the marketing team. Tasks to include but not limited to:
- Manage the creation of invites
- Marketing Collateral
- BEO creation and updates (all holiday /launch / internal marketing events)
- Invite creation
- Photographer/videographer bookings
- Shot lists
- On site coordination
- Live social media
- Works with the restaurant General Managers, Executive Chefs and Director of Beverage to ensure all menu changes and revisions are completed in a timely manner.
- Submits a graphic request to the Graphics Department for the necessary collateral needed. Be specific in details and include all logos and photos to be used.
- Create and send invites to promo teams for respective weekly events.
- Works with nightclub Director of Operations, Nightclub General Managers, Director of Security, Director of Marketing, Director of Beverage, Music Director and Technical Director for any special requests from the client, or exceptions/permissions needed.
- Works closely with the marketing team and updates topics/updates that need to be discussed in the weekly marketing meeting: Topics to include, but not limited to:
- Top Priorities
- Upcoming /confirmed
- For review/potential
- Goal / Focus Points
- Send out weekly marketing agenda 48 hours before the meeting and update accordingly + print agenda for meeting.
Additional Areas of Business
- Schedule meetings and conference calls.
- Send dial in for conference calls.
- Update Weekly Marketing Agenda and circulate with team + add updates.
- Print weekly marketing agenda.
- Update Team Up calendar with all upcoming events on agenda.
- Makes sure cellular device is charged and you have the necessary emails and phone numbers for client and staff communication throughout the night.
In Addition to The Aforementioned Essential Job Functions, The Digital Marketing Coordinator Will Possess the Following Qualities
- Experience creating & designing creative, food related content.
- Photography and food styling experience.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Ability to produce video content a major plus.
- A passion for wanting to have fun at work - both at the office and within the nightclubs.
- A passion for innovation, creativity and out-of-box thinking.
- Incredible organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to write creatively for different consumer facing audiences and think critically about what appeals most to each while maintaining brand standards for voice and persona.
- A high bar of excellence and the ability to take feedback and criticism without ego.
- A track record of building world-class digital creative assets for brands and high-profile talent that have a passionate following.
- Demonstrated experience and passion for social media; educated in all current social platforms and emerging media.
- Experience implementing successful digital strategies with a proven ability to utilize best practices and process improvements.
- Strong organizational skills, flexibility and endurance are needed to multi-task across many projects with varying deadlines.
- An ownership mentality with the ability to think independently, self-learn, and create and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvements.
- Must be able to accept changes readily, both in job responsibilities as well as work environment.
- Ability to function well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- The use of discretion and the maintenance of high levels of confidentiality are absolutely required.