- $65K - $70K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
General Manager wanted for new restaurant concept in Bel-Air in partnership with LA's top restaurant consulting firm, New School (newschool.la), and interior design by Studio UNLTD - Bestia, Otium, Bavel, etc.
CONCEPT: From the owners of Jayde’s Market comes a nod to Provence, Basque Country, Marseille, and French bistro-savior faire interpreted through Southern California product and in tune with Los Angeles modernity. Beer, wine and craft cocktails are a natural extension of sidewalk bistro culture.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a restaurant General Manager.
- A minimum of 6 years foodservice experience, preferably in high-volume operations.
- Sommelier experience is preffered. Strong wine knowledge is necessary.
- Background working with French Cuisine and Wine is preferred.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to read and write English at an advanced level, Spanish language aptitude a plus.
- Basic understanding and use of all Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), experience with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator a plus.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Management or Hospitality a plus.
- A track record of professional success, career growth and staff development.
- A leader not afraid to make challenging decisions and an expert in conducting effective meetings and maintaining communication lines between all departments and leadership.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment and be proficient in problem analysis and solving.
- Considerable financial acumen and knowledge of mathematical skills necessary to create, analyze and interpret reports, budgets and forecast data.
- A genuine passion for the hospitality industry and ability to positively influence the workplace with an upbeat and inspirational attitude is a must.
- A willingness to adhere to Colline’s high standards regarding food preparation, cleaning, teamwork and customer service.
- Directly responsible for overseeing all operations within the restaurant including dine-in and take-out.
- Involvement with all day-to-day functions, including staff management, guest interactions, office administration duties, vendor communications, and labor costs related to the market.
- Recruit, hire, train, develop, counsel, and supervise team members.
- Create and submit all required operational, financial, budgetary, inventory and related reports in a timely manner to Ownership.
- Liaise with Ownership to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of businesses to ensure smooth progress and elevated guest experiences.
- Ensure that the guest experience meet brand standards at all times.
- Improve food cost, labor cost, and operating expenses by systemically reviewing processes and implementing cost control measures.
- Develop a written set of operating standards around food store set up, hospitality, cleanliness, and organization.
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements.
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation.
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability.
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors.
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations.
- Oversee and maintain high levels of cleanliness and organization of assigned work areas, all the while abiding by state sanitation/health directives and company policy.
- Provide orientation of company and department rules, policies and procedures and oversee training of any new employees
- Salary range of $65,000 to $70,000 annually
- Full medical insurance
- Paid vacation annually
- Dining Program