Outside Sales Rep - Hard Surface Specialist (Seattle, WA & Portland, OR)
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
COMPANY OVERVIEW: E.B. Bradley Co., prides itself on being an industry leader by providing wholesale distribution of specialty hardware and surfacing products. We currently have 11 locations across the Western region and growing. We are dedicated to providing quality products and creating partnerships that are unparalleled. We offer a fun, safe work environment with plenty of opportunity for upward mobility. We do this by hiring the best of the best allowing us to set the standard in customer service. If this sounds like the place for you, please review the job description below.
POSITION SUMMARY: E.B. Bradley is searching for a Outside Sales Representative – Hard Surface Specialist located in Seattle, WA and Portland, OR area. The Outside Sales Representative – Hard Surface Specialist is responsible for generating sales with existing customers within assigned geographic territory. The OSR – Hard Surface Specialist will oversee and manage the promotion and growth of Wilsonart hard surface products to commercial and residential hard surface fabricators in Washington and Oregon. The OSR – Hard Surface Specialist will all manage and promote the WAQ and WASS products to kitchen and bath dealers, flooring showrooms and other retail spaces where quartz and solid surface products are being sold or displayed in both Washington and Oregon. As this position supports the two territories above please note 70% of the time this person will need to be available in the Seattle market place.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Field Sales calls to hard surface fabricators to educate and promote WAQ and WASS products and benefits.
- Field Sales calls to retail spaces, K and B dealers, Flooring Dealers in Washington and Oregon.
- Coordinate and introduce current EB customers to appropriate fabricators and leverage those introductions for the promotion and sales of WAQ and WASS.
- Installation of display towers, display boxes of quartz and solid surface products in appropriate showrooms and display areas.
- Coordinating of display tops in of fabricators and retail customers showrooms.
- Team sales calls with the outside sales associates for promotion and education at residential and commercial cabinet shops.
- Team sales calls with EBB specification sales members to appropriate specifiers and designers.
- Weekly reporting of activities via Sales-I.
- Coordinating and managing our samples inventory for both WAQ and WASS for Washington and Oregon.
- Develop and present pricing recommendations based on competitive information found in the field for WAQ and WASS.
- Assist and work with the Wilsonart sales and specification team members monthly on joint sales calls to fabricators, designers and specifiers.
- Assist marketing dept in developing flyers/promo items for WAQ and WASS.
- Submit monthly WA tracking and job information spreadsheet and attend monthly EB/WA team meetings.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures and tools by attending training and department meetings
- Additional duties as assigned
- 3-5 years in hard surfacing product sales and or fabrication
- 3-5 years of outside sales experience with proven sales track record and high sales altitude within the builder or design industry.
- Conduct product presentations to internal and external customers. Attending trade shows, conferences and other sales events when applicable
- Customer/client focus and effective communication skills
- Effective time management
- Problem solving/analysis and basic to complex math skills. Must be able to measure and calculate area, circumference, square feet, etc. Must be able to perform calculations to compute discounts, sales quotes, and sales tax.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to needs of customers as well as product availability
- Clean driving record
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- Discretionary 401(K)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – college degree preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions, detailed correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple to detailed business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to employees and customers of the organization.
TRAVEL: This position requires frequent travel and prolonged sitting in car or office. Must be able to travel overnight on a monthly basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and drive. This position is semi-active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This job operates within a diverse environment. Some work may be performed within a general office environment and/or within a manufacturing and warehouse environment. Work will also include extensive operation of an automobile.
E.B. Bradley Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
This job description is a summary of duties which you as an employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, but is merely a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you should understand that a job description is neither complete nor permanent; it can be modified at any time. Also, at the request of management, any employee may be asked and expected to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or project without notice.
E.B. Bradley Co., prides itself on being an industry leader by providing wholesale distribution of specialty hardware and surfacing products. We currently have 11 locations across the Western region and growing. We are dedicated to providing quality products and creating partnerships that are unparalleled. We offer a fun, safe work environment with plenty of opportunity for upward mobility. We do this by hiring the best of the best allowing us to set the standard in customer service. If this sounds like the place for you, please review the job description below.