- $50K Annual Salary
- Full Time
- Ask Us!
- Employer Likely to Respond
As Sous chef, you are a vital part of the kitchen. You will work directly under the Executive Chef, and are directly responsible for food quality and maintenance in the kitchen. Please understand the requirements of the position below - as it is a respectable job yet highly demanding;
- You will replace the Executive Chef when he/she cannot be present - and seamlessly fill this role. You will report and work directly under the Executive Chef with respect and support. This position requires both culinary and managerial skills. The following will be required (but are not limited to).
- Work with the executive chef to produce diversified menus in accordance with the restaurant’s policy and vision
- Establish the working schedule and organize the workers in the kitchen. Understand and maintain labor cost. Report to Executive Chef and Director of Operations if there will be a change in labor.
- Produce high quality, consistent dishes that follow up the established menu and level up to location’s standards, as well as to clients’ requirements.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, conscious way to all team members.
- Ability to understand what people are asking, and providing insight without attitude. Helping to positively problem solve, and offering solutions and support where necessary.
- Must be able to train subordinate chefs and the kitchen staff. Have teaching strategies that convey information clearly and in an accessible manner.
- 2+ years of Line Cook experience in a high paced setting.
- Knowledge of French Cuisine a plus.
- Ability to speak Spanish a plus