- Depends on experience
- Part Time / Full Time
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
OPENING SUMMER 2019
Paligroup is currently seeking a Line Cook for the Palihouse Miami Beach location.
WHO WILL LOVE THIS POSITION?
- An individual that has a love of cooking
- An individual who is looking to gain experience in a professional kitchen and grow in the culinary arts
- Someone who is detail and quality oriented
The Line Cook is responsible for assisting the kitchen brigade in the preparation and cooking of produce.
- Complete preparation of produce as instructed
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule for the kitchen
- Maintaining stock rotation when taking in deliveries and using produce
- Understand the functional administration of the restaurant, i.e., docket procedures, stations, table numbers, food labeling etc
- Knowledge of the full menus at each meal period and their execution
- To work as part of the wider restaurant team
- To comply with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and food hygiene
- Adherence to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs
- To escalate maintenance issues to the relevant parties
- Knowledge of the full menu, and able to give a description of all dishes
- All food prepared to specification
- Cleaning completed and recorded
- Stock items used in the correct order
- Ability to describe all dishes on the menu
- All work areas set up ready for other members of the team when you leave them
- Tasks completed in good time
- Food labels and temperature records completed
- Must possess a positive attitude
- Must be energetic and outgoing
- Must be service oriented
- Demonstrates a full understanding of their role and carries it out in line with their job description
- Works effectively with the rest of the team
- Is able to prioritize tasks and demonstrate effective time management and coordinating, controlling and managing different resources
- Communicates clearly, professionally and concisely whilst actively listening to others and giving consideration to their needs and opinions.
- Tries to take the bigger picture into consideration and is confident as to when and where to seek guidance and clarity from senior members of the team.
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Requires mobility and prolonged standing, walking, bending and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Education: High school or equivalent education preferred.
- Experience: 1 to 2 years previous experience as a cook in a hotel.
- Licenses or Certificates: Food Handler Certification required.
- Grooming: All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance(specific standards will be provided)
Paligroup Management is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Paligroup does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.
ABOUT PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT:
Paligroup is a fully integrated branded real estate development and hospitality operating company that acquires, programs, develops, owns, and operates unique hotels and residences. Our proprietary brands, development and operational expertise also includes specialized retail spaces, highly curated restaurants, bars and event venues. Avi Brosh founded Paligroup in 1998 and serves as its CEO.
The company's track record, current portfolio and forthcoming properties are designed to provide customers with a unique and aspirational experience. Each Paligroup branded property has a distinct personality specifically tailored to best serve its local market and neighborhood, all featuring a contemporary, sophisticated design and personalized service.