Catering Sales DIrector
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
Hotel Figueroa has welcomed guests to Downtown Los Angeles since 1926 with its historic unconventional purpose and style. Ninety years later and after more than a year of transformation and renovation, we celebrate the reopening of our property in the midst of a rebirth of the Downtown community, set to reopen 2018.
Downtown Los Angeles’ burgeoning city scene is about to experience a culinary renaissance with the launch of two new restaurants and four bars located at the historic Hotel Figueroa, To develop and execute the various food and beverage concepts for the hotel. F&B Management Company APICII (www.apicii.com) has partnered with four-time James Beard Award nominated Chef Casey Lane, Executive Chef and Owner of the Tasting Kitchen in Venice Beach, CA., and industry leader in craft bartending Dushan Zaric, the mastermind behind world-famous New York bars Employees Only and Macao Trading Company.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Catering Sales Director
An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction.Hotel Figueroa is searching for an energetic, personable, and process-driven person to serve as Catering Sales Director for our offsite catering operations. This individual will partner with the Catering Sales Director to solicit and manage special events and catering for their locations while leading market share and revenue growth. The ideal candidate is a goal oriented individual with extensive catering sales knowledge. The representative will develop and execute strategic sales and marketing plans while maximizing food and beverage/event related revenues for their restaurant. Catering Sales Director will work closely with clientele and banquet staff to produce exceptional events that drive referrals and positive public opinion. With these responsibilities come unlimited opportunities to build and grow as a hospitality and sales professional in Hotel Figueroa’s friendly and enjoyable work environment with a healthy work life balance.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment· Excellent track record of exceeding budgets and exceeding guests expectations
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all catering events from start to finish and ensure the highest quality of product and service throughout.
- Negotiate prices and arrangements with clients, draws up contracts, and secures client’s signature and deposit.
- Use professional sales techniques to negotiate the best possible terms and conditions that satisfy customer (internal and external) requirements
- Manage the customer decision and relationship process
- Coordinate with operations managers to organize necessary banquet, kitchen, and service staff and arrangements for each event.
- Maintain an excellent track record of maintaining budgetary allotments and exceeding guests’ expectations in satisfaction.
- Document and reviews all records for each catering event and analyze what can be done to improve booking sales.
- Facilitate repeat and new business for catering functions and exceed the sales expectations of the Catering and Special Events Department.
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of food, wine, and spirits while marking our brand.
- Develop effective presentations (orally and written) where ideas, opinions, recommendations and conclusions are strong understanding and expertise in the sales process.
- Design and deliver appropriate catering menus by collaborating with clients and chefs.
- A minimum of 3 years catering sales management experience in a full service, high volume restaurant, hotel, or other food and beverage unit with a similar capacity and clientele.
- Excellent Knowledge of food, wine, and spirits
- Degree in Event Management, Hospitality, Business, Marketing, Event Planning or applicable specializations required.
- Strong Clientele list is a plus.
- High-level understanding and expertise in the sales process.
- Excellent work habits and organizational skills to conducts detailed follow-through with clients and catering staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and contracts.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs, appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
Downtown, Los Angeles: Hotel Figueroa is privileged to share this city with some of the world’s most dynamic fashion, film, music, art and other creative organizations. Our design pays homage to the hotel's rich history and connection to the city, embracing the blend of business, entertainment and creativity that LA embodies.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent learning Environment