PALISOCIETY | VICE PRESIDENT OF FINANCE & ACCOUNTING
- Depends on experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts, 401K / Retirement
- Employer Likely to Respond
*******Hospitality Background Required*******
The Vice President of Finance position functions as the hands-on strategic leader overseeing and managing the Accounting and Finance teams across the Company’s multiple hotel platform. This role also plays a pivotal role in helping to develop a strategic plan towards advancing the Company's vision, mission and objectives and growth as an organization.
Duties & Oversight:
- Act as a true business partner to Company CEO and Director of Finance.
- Assess Company and property specific performance against both the annual budget and long-term strategy.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the CEO and make actionable recommendations on strategy as well as property specific and Company operations.
- Assist in establishing property specific and Company yearly objectives, selecting and engaging outside consultants (tax advisors, insurance advisors, auditors, investment advisors, etc.).
- Oversee short and long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the property specific as well as Company’s strategic plan, especially as the organization considers infrastructure growth, potential acquisitions, and strategic collaborations with external partners.
Executive Management –
- Serve as a member of executive leadership team.
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic property specific and Company initiatives, operating models and operational execution.
Financial Planning and Analysis –
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports; monthly profit and loss forecast by property (vs. budget).
- Complete analysis of financial results; develop recommendations (strategic and tactical).
- Develop and execute analysis of various business initiatives (e.g., opening new properties, asset acquisition, new service launches, etc.).
- Develop and maintain capital budgets.
- Assist in development of financial planning and analysis reports.
- Provide lead interface with investors and lenders on all finance and accounting related matters.
- Oversee Company cash flow planning and advise on availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
Planning, Policy, and Investor Relations –
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts.
- Participate in corporate policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the CEO to develop short, medium, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the company to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, auditors, public officials, etc.
Accounting and Administration –
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and function.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and compliance regarding all financial functions.
Team Management –
- Continuously develop, mentor and direct the accounting team; managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation.
- Guide larger, cross-property accounting teams outside of direct span of control within the Company.
- Oversee and execute initiatives to drive efficiencies within the accounting department.
Accounting Activities –
- Oversee preparation of month-end, quarter-end and year-end property specific and Company financial statements.
- Review all property specific and Company month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems as appropriate.
- Serve as final point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors.
Cash Management –
- Oversee weekly property and corporate cash management; approve weekly payables; execute check signing
- Oversee AR management and provide support to collections activities
- Manage the Company’s insurance programs.
We are an EEOE Employer We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Palisociety is a collection of unique hotels and residences that are synonymous with authenticity, style, innovation and good old-fashioned hospitality. We take to heart that few things in life are as transformative as the people and places you encounter when you travel. Because when all is said and done, it’s about the experience.