Expeditor / Food Runner
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Meal Plan / Free Food, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Unlikely to Respond
The food runner / expeditor ensures quality and proper presentation of food in a timely manner; that food items were prepared in the right order and assembled quickly according to recipes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Communicate orders and information between the front of house and back of house, making sure that food is cooked in the right order, quickly, and presented to the guest as intended and as beautifully as possible.
• Make sure that the orders are being cooked in a timely fashion, and that once the food is cooked, runners run food to the table while it's warm and ready.
• Explain special orders to the cooks, and tell servers when the kitchen is out of a particular menu item.
• Finalize the presentation of the plate and ensure the temperature of the food is right.
• Consistently maintain a clean working area.
• Complete daily/weekly cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
• Maintain personal health and sanitation standards based on health regulations.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• To follow all company safety rules, policies, and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned by superiors.
• The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
• Minimum of two years of experience as busser / food runner/ expeditor / server.
• Experience in a four-star style restaurant (Preferred).
• Previous culinary training and experience (Preferred).
• High school diploma.
• Food Handlers permit required.
• Basic Math Skills add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
• Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, team members and guests.)
• Knowledge of kitchen operations.
• Customer service orientation.
• The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
• Good organizational skills.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and work calmly and effectively under pressure.
• Multi-task oriented.
• Ability to speak and hear, vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Constant walking with some standing.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
• Be able to reach, bend, stoop
• Frequently lift up to 35 pounds.
• Regularly required to use hands and frequent washing of hands.
• Exposure to extreme heat.
• The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
• Members only community (More of one on one relationship with customers)
• The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests.
• Work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays.
Plan Do See is a global hospitality company founded on the Japanese principal of Omotenashi – selfless service with a spirit of warmth and respect. Plan Do See was established in 1993 and has developed and operates 25 properties worldwide.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Plan Do See America Inc. is leading the effort to bring the pride of Omotenashi to the United States.
To find out more about Plan Do See please visit: http://plandosee-global.com.