Strength Coach for Small Group and Personal Training at Boutique Gym
- $30.00 - $35.00 Hourly
- Part Time
- Employee Discounts, Ask Us!
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Dear Fitness Professional,
Please read this job posting in FULL before applying.
F5 Strength and Muay Thai is a boutique gym in Miracle Mile Los Angeles. We offer small group classes and personal training in Muay Thai and Strength and Conditioning. Both our programs are equally as popular with our students.
This position is for Strength Coach only but if you have Muay Thai experience that is a plus.
You can learn more at - http://www.f5strengthandmuaythai.com for more information.
Whom we are looking for:
1) A team player - at F5 we work as a team, always. We expect every employee of F5 to be an integral part of our close community. The position is NOT an independent contractor position. This is a part-time position for someone willing to be 100% invested in the vision of our company and team.
2) Someone with an open mind - In your training for this position, you will learn our tested and proven methods of coaching and programming. We often meet as a team to discuss our coaching and programming. We encourage feedback from other team members and expect you to do the same.
3) A top accredited personal training certification (ACE, NASM, ISS, ACSM, NCSA, etc. or a CSCS). A vast amount of strength coaching experience, however, is not required. We are willing to train the right person, who is knowledgeable, confident at commanding groups and driven to excel, even if that person is new to coaching fitness and strength.
4) CPR + AED certification required.
5) Must have some personal experience with the barbell and kettlebell lifts in your training. We primarily use these tools for our classes and personal training.
----> (SFG's/SFL's are encouraged to apply since the Strong First system is the foundation of our strength coaching).
6) Someone who can work morning shifts approximately 6 am to 12 pm - and at least one-weekend day shift -- Schedule is TBD and subject to change.
The understanding that it takes some time to get properly trained and take on a full schedule is critical. Client hours will vary but will probably start around 15-20 and progress to 35-30 as you progress with the team.
Must have a legal right to work in the United States. High School Diploma or GED required.
If we are interested in your application, a video interview via Zoom will be requested first via the Workpop message app.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE BUSINESS or show up in person regarding your application.
To apply, please do the following:
1) Reply to this posting (phone calls, drop-ins or other email addresses NOT accepted).
2) Submit your resume as a PDF or Word DOC attachment.
3) Submit your video application OR write a detailed cover letter and answers these three questions:
1. What made you want to become a personal trainer and/or strength coach?
2. What is your favorite lift and why?
3. Why do you think you will make an excellent addition to the coaching team at F5?
Pay is dependent upon experience and certifications.
Our achievements are a result of combined efforts. We are a team above all else.
Keep a fighting spirit and a humble heart. Mindset matters.
Challenge yourself and enjoy the struggle; the more difficult the task, the more satisfying the reward.
Prioritize learning over perfection. Perfection is unattainable; improvement is always achievable.
Empower and inspire those around you. Contribute more than criticize.
Accept responsibility for your part in the learning process. Encourage feedback as a chance to improve.
Just show up. Action and forward movement create results.
Progress by developing small habits and behaviors to achieve bigger goals.
Celebrate your accomplishments and others equally. We shine together.
Train your body and mind regularly. Perfection isn’t necessary for success; consistency is.
Always remember where you started. We were all beginners once.