Outside Sales Representative - Burbank, Van Nuys, Glendale, Santa Monica
- compensation depends on experience
- Full Time
- 401K / Retirement, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Health Insurance
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
E.B. Bradley is searching for an Outside Sales Representative for the Burbank, Van Nuys, Glendale, Santa Monica, CA territory. E.B. Bradley representatives are hardworking, intelligent, and dedicated to helping our customers and colleagues succeed with a level of professionalism unmatched. We produce results daily with our competitive nature and our desire to win destroys our competition. If you think you have the chops to play with the professionals, keep reading.
MANDATORY QUALITIES FOR SUCCESS WITHIN OUR TEAM
- Perseverance through adversity
- Extreme ownership
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Grow sales across multiple product lines
- Develop relationships within the industry
- Follow up on everything you own in your territory
- Maintain an outrageous amount of knowledge about our product, customers, team members, and customers
- Communicate orders, quotes, forecasts, and information like a professional, all the time, every time
- Help customers every chance you have on product availability, new products, product knowledge, and anything E.B. Bradley related that secures the relationship and contributes to our mutual success
- Follow the internal processes required for success on time and accurately
- Be organized in every facet possible
- Plan every day as if it were the most productive and purposeful day in the history of sales to maximize your face to face visits and phone calls to ensure you carpe diem
- Give killer presentations that close deals
- Issue resolution and conflict resolution
- Daily interaction with your sales manager via phone, email, and text
- Attend and participate in company required events such as killer sales meetings, the largest trade shows in our industry, peer to peer learning rides, and much more.
- Additional duties may be assigned to help colleagues, customers, and/or the organization as a whole
- Ability to converse in a professional manner and be genuinely interested in learning from and assisting others
- Safe driver and clean motor vehicle record due to daily travel via automobile to and from various locations
- Adequate computer knowledge including Office365, basic CRM software, and the Cloud
- Customer/client focus and effective communication skills
- Problem solving with analytics and basic to complex math skills. Must be able to measure and calculate area, circumference, square feet, etc. Must be able to perform calculations to compute discounts, sales quotes, and sales tax
- Robust business acumen
- Ability to be flexible and adjust to needs of customers as well as product availability
- 1-3 years laminate/wood working industry preferred
- 5-10 years of sales experience with a proven track record of producing results with good habits and positive attitude
- General understanding of specifications in relation to the A&D Field and Fabrication preferred
- Ability to travel daily within designated sales territory.
- Overnight travel is not necessary to maintain account but can be required several times a year for company events, tradeshows, sales meetings, etc.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) – college degree preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple to complex instructions, detailed correspondence, and memos
- Ability to write simple to detailed business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to employees and customers of the organization
- Bilingual is a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear and drive. This position is semi-active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching throughout day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Prolonged sitting in car or office is required and frequent.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates within a diverse environment and every day is different. The majority of your time is spent with our customers, in their shops, large and small. You could be making a pitch to a small family business in a commercial complex full of sawdust and closing a deal a few hours later in the cleanest state of the art fabrication facility with over 100 employees. You will spend a smaller percentage of time in your car, at your preferred coffee shop, or in the local branch on daily clerical requirements and training. Daily duties will also include extensive safe operation of an automobile.
E.B. Bradley Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
Why E.B. Bradley Company?
For over 90 years E.B. Bradley has served the building industry as the leading distributor on the West Coast. Our organization demands success and focuses on helping customers, crushing quota’s and competitors, and partnering with the industries best. Our passion is to enrich culture for our team members and customers by offering excitement, fulfillment, and opportunity. We work hard to serve and bring value to our customers daily. In return, they keep sending kudos and cash to share with our employees and vendors. Bottom line is that we love our customers and employees more than any employer in the business.
If you are not a highly motivated individual of character, intelligence, selflessness, and the desire to create something special with our team, you need not apply. We have been doing this for nearly a century and we are just getting started.