PALIGROUP MANAGEMENT | AREA OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Employee Discounts
- Employer Likely to Respond
AREA OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
The Area Operations Director (AOD) has the overall responsibility for the daily operations and performance of multiple Rooms Division departments within Paligroup’s Los Angeles portfolio of hotels.
The position functions as a hands-on strategic leader of multi-property Operations teams, including Guest Services, Front Office, Housekeeping, Engineering & Property Maintenance with shared oversight of Food & Beverage.
The AOD is responsible for establishing, directing, implementing and maintaining a service and management philosophy that ensures department operational goals, hotel budgets and guest satisfaction levels are being met. The AOD is expected to meet or exceed productivity standards, taking whatever corrective action necessary to ensure Paligroup brand standards are maintained. The AOD works synergistically with the overall Executive Team (including F&B Director, Sales & Revenue Director, Finance Director, Human Resources Director) to uphold our unique corporate culture, product and brands.
- Ensures that all hotels operate in a way that follow the Company’s unique approach to the community and authentic service-driven hospitality.
- Implement existing policies and procedures and work with National Director of Operations to implement corrective action plans to address operational deficiencies and areas to improve efficiency.
- Maintain Front Desk, Engineering and Operations related manuals.
Directing Team Members:
- Hire, train, supervise, coach and counsel team member’s portfolio-wide to provide consistency, diligent follow-through and direct accountability.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees, ensuring that all employment-related processes comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Guide team members in their jobs and development.
- Maintain effective training programs ensuring all Operations personnel are highly productive.
- Ensure that all employees have the tools necessary to fulfill job expectations and guest needs.
- Verify that regular ongoing communication is happening within the departments (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Prepare and perform performance management evaluations.
- Set goals and expectations for team members using the performance review process that holds staff accountable for successful performance.
- Communicate follow-up actions to team members as necessary.
- Conduct informative and productive monthly Front Desk Team Meetings as well as weekly meetings with Housemasters + Assistant Housemasters.
- Ensure that team members have proper appearance and are wearing their uniforms according to policies and procedures.
Managing Guest Experience:
- Incorporate guest satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Continuously strive to improve and maintain guest experiences.
- Review guest feedback with leadership team and verify that appropriate corrective action is taken for both positive and negative reviews.
- Respond to and handle guest problems and complaints.
- Stay visible and interface with customers on a regular basis to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
- Facilitate day-to-day creative solutions to address any obstacles in implementing the best guest satisfaction results possible.
- Manage and coach housemasters and front desk agents on guest recovery and service.
- Oversee reputation management of all properties.
- Drive monthly guest experience meetings with managers.
Property Maintenance & Housekeeping:
- Monitor condition of properties, cleanliness, cost control, quality of product and service.
- Ensure the properties are well maintained.
- Conduct weekly walk troughs of properties with Op’s team.
- Ensure quality of furniture, fixtures and other items on-property are up to property standards.
- Supervise the preventative maintenance and annual cleaning programs.
- Obtain quotes and resolve repair needs ongoing.
- Manage relationships with suppliers and purveyors.
- Work with Paligroup design team to facilitate ongoing FF&E requirements.
- Drive monthly housekeeping as well as maintenance review meetings.
Property Cost Control & Managing Revenue Goals:
- Monitor Operations performance against budgets.
- Manage property departmental checkbooks on a weekly basis.
- Reviews labor standards on a weekly basis to ensure satisfactory controls are in place.
- Focus on maximizing the financial performance of the department.
- Coach and support Operations team to effectively manage occupancy, rate, wages and controllable expenses.
- Ensure property repairs and upgrades are performed in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Drive monthly cost review meetings with department heads.
- Confer with Corporate Director of Finance on an ongoing basis.
Food & Beverage Cost Control & Managing Revenue Goals:
- Work with the property F&B management teams, to monitor performance against budgets on a weekly basis.
- Oversee the management of F&B departmental checkbooks on a weekly basis.
- Focus on maximizing the financial performance of the department.
- Work with property F&B management teams, as well as with the Director of F&B to ensure property repairs and upgrades are performed in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Confer with Director of F&B on an ongoing basis.
Sales & Marketing:
- Have regular active involvement in the Sales, Marketing and Revenue Management functions, including driving key sales metrics (RevPAR, ADR, Occupancy)
- Work with the Sales & Marketing leadership team to develop effective strategies to address room sales potential.
- Work with Sales & Marketing leadership oversee execution as well as remove any obstacles to success and assure appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
Financial Reporting and Owner Relations:
- On a monthly basis, work with the National Director of Operations and the Accounting department to publish monthly financial packs.
- On a monthly basis, represent the property operations team during ownership calls.
- Develop positive owner relationships.
- Support in the development of the annual operating budgets and timely analysis of financial results to verify accurate financial representations on a monthly basis.
Other, Including and not limited to:
- Support the National Director of Operations in the opening of Silver Lake Pool & Inn.
- Work with management teams to develop an operational strategy that is aligned with Paligroup’s business strategy and brand standards.
- Demonstrate and communicate key drivers of guest satisfaction for the target customer’s portfolio-wide.
- Champion Paligroup’s service vision for product and service delivery and ensures alignment and continuity amongst the various leadership teams.
- Communicate a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of 3 years’ operations experience in a full-service hotel or property management company required.
- Proven track record in delivering results.
- Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal achievement.
- Commitment to exceptional on-brand guest service.
- Must be organized
- Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style.
- Computer proficiency, including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel.