Custodian/Pot's and Pans
- $11.50 Hourly
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Ask Us!
- Employer Fairly Likely to Respond
This is a temporary, non-benefit based position with an estimated assignment end date of June 10, 2018.
The Part-time Custodian/Pot's and Pans is responsible for the cleaning, sanitation, maintenance and security of assigned food service areas. Supervision received; general supervision from the Area Manager and unit supervisors.
Examples of Work:
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Responsible for regular cleaning and maintenance of all assigned areas and equipment.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all pots, pans and dishes.
- Cleans, sanitizes and maintains all employee restroom areas.
- Empties, trash, replace liners, clean trash receptacles and lids as needed.
- Breaks down and disposes of all boxes and containers in appropriate disposal site; recycles empty cans and bottles.
- Maintains assigned floor areas, including underneath and behind all equipment as well as adjacent hallway areas.
- Cleans and maintains dock areas and elevator doors and floors.
- Cleans and maintains custodial closet.
- Cleans and maintains custodial equipment (vacuum, buffer, mops, broom, etc.).
- Scrubs and replaces floor mats.
- Cleans and sanitizes floor sinks.
- Maintains walls, windows and fixtures in all assigned areas.
- Cleans and maintains all furniture.
- Cleans, polishes, and maintains stainless steel and glass surfaces.
- Cleans and maintains employee locker rooms.
- Cleans related work office areas.
- Maintains Hazmat labeling on all cleaning products.
- Cleans and maintains all walk-ins.
- Cleans and maintains back of the house areas in the Deli, Bakery and as needed the JCP concessions, this includes the floors, walls, countertops, refrigerators, utensils, cook tops, etc., as assigned.
Responsible for deep cleaning projects as assigned.
- Cleans portable warmers and kitchen racks.
- Cleans all gaskets in walk-ins, freezers and warmers.
- Cleans fan in office areas and fan covers in walk-ins.
- Washes utensil drawers.
- Polishes floors.
- Cleans gas cart and cover as well as van interior.
- Cleans refrigerators and shelving.
· Cleans host kitchens as necessary.
· Assists with and performs event setups and cleanups as requested.
· Helps cooks with kitchen prep as requested.
· Reports necessary equipment needs and repairs to supervisor promptly.
· Understands and follows University and Dining Services policies.
· Implements and maintains proper sanitation and safety standards in the workplace at all times.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Some experience preferred but not required.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Possess good communication skills; able to communicate concerns, report accidents and provide information regarding safety issues and equipment/supply needs.
- Understanding of cleaning solutions, use and safety precautions.
- Knowledge of sanitation and safety requirements as they pertain to dining service functions.
- Ability to organize work and materials for maximum productivity.
- Possess excellent personal hygiene as set forth in the Dining Services grooming and appearance standards.
- Ability to work well with others, understand instructions and accept constructive criticism.
- Knowledge of energy conservation measures and ability to utilize them whenever applicable.
- Strong skills in the use of specific equipment and tools as identified below.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Must complete a 3-hour sanitation class as required by the San Diego Health Department.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Required to work flexible hourly schedule including weekends and some holidays. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Must work with various cleaning chemicals requiring the use of goggles and gloves.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
We are passionate about the food we provide each day. Our team includes staff who have been serving USD for over 30 years; chefs trained at world-renowned schools such as the Culinary Institute of America and Johnson & Wales, and a management team that is dedicated to creating enjoyable meals and services for each and every customer.