This is a temporary, non-benefit based position with an estimated assignment end date of June 10, 2018.
The Part-time Custodian/Pot's and Pans is responsible for the cleaning, sanitation, maintenance and security of assigned food service areas. Supervision received; general supervision from the Area Manager and unit supervisors.
Examples of Work:
The responsibilities described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Responsible for regular cleaning and maintenance of all assigned areas and equipment.
Responsible for deep cleaning projects as assigned.
· Cleans host kitchens as necessary.
· Assists with and performs event setups and cleanups as requested.
· Helps cooks with kitchen prep as requested.
· Reports necessary equipment needs and repairs to supervisor promptly.
· Understands and follows University and Dining Services policies.
· Implements and maintains proper sanitation and safety standards in the workplace at all times.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Must complete a 3-hour sanitation class as required by the San Diego Health Department.
Special Conditions of Employment:
Required to work flexible hourly schedule including weekends and some holidays. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Must work with various cleaning chemicals requiring the use of goggles and gloves.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
We are passionate about the food we provide each day. Our team includes staff who have been serving USD for over 30 years; chefs trained at world-renowned schools such as the Culinary Institute of America and Johnson & Wales, and a management team that is dedicated to creating enjoyable meals and services for each and every customer.
An employer's Response Score represents how likely they are to respond to an application.