- Depends on experience
- Full Time
- Health Insurance, 401K / Retirement, Employee Discounts, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Employer Very Likely to Respond
Fleet Feet Roanoke is a locally-owned and operated business that has been a staple in the Roanoke community for the past 16 years. Our focus and main goal is to help the Roanoke community to become a healthier and more active place. We are in the business of changing lives. We are seeking people who have a passion for lifetime fitness, who enjoy serving others, and who are capable of providing consistently superior customer experiences.
As an Apparel Buyer you will sort and manage apparel inventory by having a clear understanding of store and customer needs. Buying decisions will be based on product selection, price-points, and inventory levels. You will place future orders, occasional weekly fill in orders and manage special orders. Buyers are responsible for ensuring core products and sizes/quantities are always available. You will lead training and product education sessions for staff, and also communicate drop dates, selling points, store performance, product launches and sales numbers. The Apparel Buyer will also spend time on the sales floor as an Outfitter providing every customer who walks in the door with a stellar experience.
Joining Fleet Feet is joining a team and a community that ignites and promotes running and fitness. We pride ourselves on putting people first and know that what we do each day does not happen anywhere else, for staff or customers. We truly believe that running changes everything.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and deadline drive
- Collaborative and customer-centric
- Willing to go above and beyond when needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and direct others
- Action oriented, level-headed, and consistent
- Communicate professionally with customers and team
- Support all Fleet Feet initiatives, activities, and functions
- Employer paid health insurance and 401K available with match for full-time employees
- High energy and fun atmosphere
- Work in a community focused environment
- Free Training Programs, Free Fleet Feet Running Club Membership, race entries, product discounts and gear from vendor partners
- Passionate team members
- Wear running shoes to work
Want to join our Team?
Are you looking to turn your passion into your career, work with like-minded people in a fast-paced, fun and customer-centric environment? Then we want you!
At Fleet Feet, we believe that running changes everything. For over 40 years, we have curated and created products, programs, and experiences that inspire and empower runners and their communities. We believe it’s a privilege to serve, and remain committed to delivering unmatched service and support when outfitting customers in everything they need to have a successful run, whether that’s introducing them to their new favorite running shoes, socks, or gear, or inviting them to our next training program run.
We like to keep things high-spirited, fast-paced, and fun. We don’t mind wearing more than a few hats and stepping in to help out wherever is needed. Our team is a group of knowledgeable and hardworking individuals who work, sweat, and live passionately. We run together to solve a problem, reach a goal, get inspired, and champion our brand each day. We are in full pursuit to find passionate people to join us on our quest and bring our core values to life.